Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $944.99
QuestionDoes this need anything additional to purchase for proper installation, and how difficult is it to self- install?
- Answer I'm somewhat handy and had no real problem installing this myself. I simply removed the old fan/light range hood and installed this microwave/convection oven in its place. I opted to use the default option of the recirculating fan instead of configuring an exterior vent so therefore I did not need to buy anything to install this that didn't already come in the box. The paper instructions have a template to locate holes for the top screws and the plug. This unit requires a 20A breaker, but luckily my outlet above the stove already had that. The top of the box is a template you use to very carefully locate where you will mount the rear bracket. You need to mount both ends of the bracket into the wall with drywall anchors if studs are not at those holes or just straight to the studs if your lucky enough that your studs do line up with the ends of the bracket. If you did use the drywall anchors at the ends, then you must find at least one hole in the bracket that is in front of a stud so that you can secure the bracket to at least one stud, preferably two. Once the bracket is in place, just roll the back edge of the oven onto it and then run screws through the upper cabinet down into the microwave to hold it into place. You may need a second pair of hands to help with this step because the oven is rather heavy to hold, roll onto the bracket, AND screw to the upper cabinet. You cannot let go until the upper screws are in place. -Dan
QuestionDoes this unit function as a "hood" over the range so that when I am cooking on the stove it vents through a duct to the ceiling?
- Answer Yes, this microwave will either recirculate, vent out the back or vent out the top. Before install you just need to remove the fan & rotate it which way to want it to vent, it's super easy. I believe pretty much all over the range microwaves do this...at least from the research I did before purchasing this one.
QuestionWill the convection function similar to a range? I would like to cook raw chicken but do not have an actual oven, will this work? And I do not want microwaved chicken.
- Answer Absolutely no different than a convection oven! If a recipe tells me to bake at 400 degrees for 30 min. I can safely set it at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and be confident that it will be perfect. I use mine instead of my huge oven and cook everything from chicken to cakes!
QuestionI don't like microwaves where I must press -->cook-->1-->0--.>0-->start to get 1 minute cook time. GE's all have quick minute... you press "1" and that's it (not even "start"). My question is can I just click +30 then +30 twice to get 1 min cook time?
- Answer All you have to do is touch Start and it starts running for 1 minute. Touch again to add a minute etc. it’s just a touch, no “pressing” as the surface is glass.
- Answer It will not hit, back edge of door actually swings in when the door is opened, when fully open the front edge is still even with the edge of the microware.
QuestionCan you use a metal pan in this microwave on convection mode? The manual says you can but the microwave has a prompt that says to use only microwave safe pans.
- Answer When using it as convection you can use a metal pan. If using it as a microwave then no.
QuestionCan this be rear vented outside
- Answer Yes, definitely. This is covered in the manual. By default, the fan is positioned to vent indoors (recirculate), but the installation instructions also cover how to remove and rotate the fan so that it blows out a pre-existing vent to the outside.
QuestionWhat is the dimension of kitchen aid 1.9 cu ft convection over the range microoven ? This black color is stainless black or pure black?
- Answer This item is 17.13 inches high, 30 inches wide and 17 inches deep.
- Answer 100% SOLID... YOU WONT HAVE ANY ISSUES,,, THIS LINEUP IS SOLID :-)
Question1. cook top lighting settings - does it include bright/night/ off, plus how bright, how easily replaced bulb? 2. exhaust fan is it convertible? does it include a replicable filter? 3. can you steam? if so do you need an assessor?
- Answer Hello NTBoston! Yes, this does include bright, night, and off. The light bulbs are easy to replace. The fan is convertible if needing to change. This unit does come with replaceable filters. Yes, you can steam with this model. You can purchase an accessory if you would like. Thank you for your inquiry on our KitchenAid appliances.
QuestionCan you put this over the range microwave in a cabinet getting new cupboards and have a spot built in cupboards for the microwave
- Answer I installed this with small cabinets above. Remeber to either allow the venting to go through these cabinets or install with the venting in the Front option
QuestionDoes it have a cooktop light underneath?! As a I see per the specifications - it says no?! Also, what does the night light mode mean?
- Answer Hello, Yes this unit does have a light underneath to help shining on the cooktop below. We hope this helps.
QuestionAnyone else have an issue with the install instructions showing 17 1/4 " from bottom of cabinet to bottom of mounting plate, but the cardboard cutout template sets it at 17 1/2 "....which one is correct ?
- Answer I used the template with a sharp pencil and my actual install from the bottom of the cabinet is 17 3/8”. Microwave is tight to the upper cabinet with no play in the mounting bracket.
QuestionCan convection feature broil / toast, or just bake? (I'm trying to determine whether this could replace my convection toaster oven.) Thank you!
- Answer Hello Susan30! Unfortunately, this model only has Convection Roast and Bake. Thank you for your inquiry on our KitchenAid appliances.
- Answer Installation doc is here, image below -- http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/KMHC319ESS/Installation%20Instruction_EN.pdf
QuestionCan you pause to check the food and then resume with a single button push? On my current oven, I can pull the door open, check things, close the door, and just hit "start." The cycle continues counting down from where it left off.
- Answer Yes you can merely pull door open to check and resume cooking by closing door and hitting start.
QuestionWhat are the INTERIOR dimensions? Exterior dimensions are always listed; we need the INSIDE dimensions. Kitchen aid model KHMC319ESS.
- Answer 20.5 " wide (usable) 10" high (9.5 with rotating table) 14" deep
QuestionI am replacing a 36 inch ge microwave. Obviously they do not make 36 inch microwaves anymore. Can you suggest a filler kit that would be compatible with this? I haven't had any luck researching this and want to make sure it looks good. Thanks.
- Answer Hello Kepp! The filler kit you would need is part number 8171339. Thank you for your inquiry on our KitchenAid appliances.