Questions & Answers
- QuestionExplain this: How can this computer be slow and yet it has 4.2 Stars (179 Reviews) and 89% of customers recommend this product? The number one complaint is that this computer is slow. How can 89% of you people recommend a slow computer? (8 Answers)Answers
This is an entry level computer. It is designed to be an economical choice for a new user or someone who is a light user. It comes with a free 1-year subscription to Microsoft Office 365, a $65 value. Obviously the reviewers got the product and value they were looking for and it performs, for them, the way they expect it to.
- QuestionI need to buy a REALLY simple laptop for my mother, who is 84 and terrified of computers. At this point all she wants is to do email. Would this be a good option? (8 Answers)Answers
I'd buy her the Samsung Chromebook 3 that Best Buy sells. Simpler machine, easier to set up and use, really solid case, water resistant keyboard in cash she spills her tea, and Chrome has a nifty super simple screen magnification tool that is PERFECT for older folks. I own one, and also own the Lenovo 110S, like both, but the Chromebook is better suited to kids and oldsters.
- Questioncan i add ram or other type memory to the main memory (9 Answers)
- QuestionAre you able to put a cd/ DVD in this? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this laptop have touchpad gesture scrolling capabilities? And would you say it is sturdy? Worth the money? Thanks in advance :) (4 Answers)Answers
Yes, it recognizes 2-finger scrolling and other 3- and 4-finger gestures, if enabled in the mouse/touchpad settings. I wanted to know this, too, so yesterday I went to my local Bestbuy store and tested it myself. The previous model 100s 11" did not allow any scrolling on the touchpad, so this is a nice improvement.
- QuestionHow much hard drive space is available and how much is taken up by the OS and pre-installed software? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this laptop have a hard drive? (3 Answers)Answers
Yes, it's an eMMC hard drive, which isn't solid state or the traditional hard drive. It's the kind of flash storage you’ll find in cheap tablets and laptops. It’s slower and cheaper than a traditional SSD (Solid State Drive) you’d find in more expensive computers.
- QuestionI have a dinosaur of a computer so I'm overdue a new laptop. I mainly surf the web and for 99% of what I need personally, I can use my iPad. But now, I am looking to invest in a laptop to begin a blog. Will this laptop serve this purpose? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI am traveling overseas to Australia and want to check email and Skype and also login remotely to my work desk in the USA is this good for this ? (5 Answers)
- QuestionIs this a 32 bit or 64 bit machine? (3 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions