Questions & Answers
- LG STYLO 4
Your price for this item is $249.99
with activation today
The previous price was $299.99
QuestionI see it states it works with tracphone but does that include straight talk which is owned by tracphone?
- Answer Yes, this phone is unlocked and will work with any carrier that uses Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile towers. That includes Straight Talk (Which uses a variety of carriers depending on the sim card you have). Really any Straight Talk sim will work. This phone also works with Total Wireless, H2O, Cricket, Simple Mobile, and more.
QuestionDoes the phone have GSM for AT&T and what happens if you don't have the n f c what is the NFC used for
- Answer This phone is compatible with major U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. Also compatible with prepaid carriers, such as Cricket Wireless, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Tracfone, Net10, Mint, and H2O. The NFC standard has three modes of operation: the peer-to-peer mode that lets two smartphones swap data, a read/write mode in which one active device picks up info from a passive one, and card emulation, in which an NFC device such as a smartphone can be used like a contactless credit card. The Stylo 4 Unlocked does not have NFC capability. ^CP
QuestionWhat is the diferent , boost mobil locked stylo 4 and, unlocked stylo 4 because is diferent price
- Answer The LG Factory builds several variations of the LG Stylo 4 Cell Phone. In the case of the Boost Mobile Stylo 4 Cell Phone, the phone is built to meet the specific requirements of Boost Mobile, meaning there are features/functions not needed (reduced cost) in the Boost Mobile Stylo 4 configuration. This is good, a less expensive Cell Phone, if you are committed to Boost Mobile as your network provider. However, if at some time in the future you decide to unlock this Boost Mobile Cell Phone, it will not work with some of the other Network Providers (some will some won’t). There would also be some pre-installed Apps (for Boost Mobile) that you would not be able to remove (Bloteware). This situation would apply to all Cell Phones that are configured for a specific merchant (some features/functions are not needed/installed, reduced cost). For example; A couple of the merchant specific Stylo 4 units are configured with the NFC function but lack the CDMA function (not needed for that phone's configuration). The Factory Unlocked Stylo 4 does not have the NFC function, but does have the CDMA function. Most of the LG Stylo 4 merchant specific phones are configured with 2GB of Ram, the Unlocked Factory version is configured with 3GB of Ram. So… the factory unlocked version of the Stylo 4 has more features/functions (additional cost) to make the Factory Unlocked model compatible with “almost” all Network Providers worldwide. More features and function, more cost.
QuestionDoes this phone come with NFC? (I know the Metro PCS version has NFC, and the Cricket version does not)
- Answer I purchased this device from Best buy. It does not have NFC
- Answer Currently LG manufactures 28 different versions of the Stylo 4 Cell Phone. These different models are, for the most part, configured for Network Providers, like AT& T, Boost, Metro, Virgin Mobile, etc. Two of these models Q710TS (T-Mobile) and Q710MS (MetroPCS) have the NFC feature. The Q710ULM (Unlocked) has 3 GB of RAM and no NFC. The other 25 models have other varying parameters and features, and for the most part being locked for a given Cell Phone Company (AT&T, Boost, etc). The Stylo 4 that Best Buy is currently selling is the Unlocked model, with no NFC, but it does have the larger 3 GB of RAM.
QuestionWhat is NFC?
- Answer The LG Stylo 4 is not NFC enabled, it does not have the required special circuitry, or the required special NFC Antenna. NFC (Near-field communication) and Bluetooth are both short-range communication technologies. NFC is much slower than Bluetooth, and NFC has a very, very short operating range, typically less then 20cm (that’s about 7 inches, max). An NFC enabled Cell-Phone will have special circuits (special chips and software) and a special antenna, to perform NFC communication with another NFC enabled device (within that 20cm operation range). Again... the Stylo 4 does not have this circuitry. NFC is gaining in popularity in the US (already popular in Europe) as a way (with an NFC enabled phone) to quickly pay for a purchase (charged to your bank or credit card), at a special NFC reader (if the seller/store has the required NFC reader to allow for the "Tap-and-Go" purchase). NFC is also useful (although slow) as a way to transfer (wireless) data from one NFC device to another device (IE. Two cell phones back to back).
QuestionI am with AT&T, we live in the middle of no where so we have to use WiFi calling. Will this phone have WiFi calling? We purchased my son an unlocked phone for Christmas and since it is originally a Verizon phone the WiFi calling option will not come up.
- Answer Per LG Support the Unlocked LG Stylo 4 does NOT support WiFi Calling on any Carrier. It is only supported on Carrier set phones. So, if you want an LG Stylo 4 to have WiFi Calling you need to get an LG Stylo 4 for that Carrier.
QuestionWill this work with Ting?
- Answer You can/should call Ting and review the Factory Unlocked Stylo 4’s Network and Frequencies Specifications with Ting’s Technical Services, to assure compatibility. Ting is one of those Service Provides that uses (rents) air time on both the Sprint Network (CDMA) and the T-Mobile Network (GSM). If this is still how Ting is working, and you have a Ting SIM Card, you would likely only need to power the phone off, install the Ting SIM Card into the Factory Unlocked Stylo 4, then power the phone on, give it a few second and then you should see some signal strength bars and you’re up and running. However, if you don’t have a Ting SIM card, indicating that your current service is running on the Sprint Network (CDMA) you’ll need to have your phone powered on, and in-hand, then call Ting Support and they will walk you through a process such that the CDMA network will recognize your phone. The Ting service center should be able to resolve/qualify any problems in getting the Stylo 4 to connect to the Ting Service, be it on the GSM Network or the CDMA Network.
QuestionAm I reading the specs right? I was reading online about a version of the Stylo 4 having just 16GB. Does this unlocked version of the Stylo 4 really have 32GB?
- Answer Yes, this listing is for a Stylo 4 with 32 GB of memory. ^CP
QuestionI want to know if i buy the unlocked lg 4. I can take it to other country like Israel. And i want to know if it will work ovee sea. Thank you.
- Answer This model (Unlocked LG Stylo 4 | LG Q710ULM) is compatible, and will work, with most (not all) cell phone providers around the world (you have to buy a SIM Card for one of a given country’s Network Provider, more often then not, it will be a GSM Network). According to the LG web site this model cell phone, that Best Buy is selling, supports all four bands of the GSM Network (MHz) 850/900/1800/1900 (see attached map). The Americas (yellow) use the 850 and 1900 Mhz GSM band. Most of Europe and the rest of the world (orange) uses the 900 and 1800 Mhz GSM band. You might be well served to have in-hand the Tech Specs of the Stylo 4’s Network abilities when you go to buy your SIM card in a foreign country. Check out the LG web site for more information https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-Q710ULM-Unlocked-stylo-4
- Answer It should. It is a unlocked phone, so able to use with any carrier.
QuestionI wld like to knw wht adapter can i use to watch stuff on my tv from my phone or can i use sum type of hdmi adapter cable
- Answer Sorry, however, the device itself will not support transmitting video using an adapter. You can, however, use Wifi-Direct or any other streaming device such as a Chromecast. -MC
- Answer Yes it will.