Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $149.99
QuestionDoes it plug into the wall and should it be put in a central location of the uverse router is in a bedroom ?
- Answer Yes, it plugs into the wall. It should be placed somewhat centrally between the main router and where you need the WiFi signal. It has a feature that will indicate whether or not it has a strong signal from the main router. This feature will help you locate it in the best place.
- Answer ability !!!!! you pay for what you get! you alone. 45 is ok. you, spouse, kids, machines, dog, and maybe a neighbor.... MORE POWER!!!!!
QuestionI live outside the USA as a expat, my house voltage here is 230 volts. Can the power adapter accommodate that voltage?? or a voltage range 110-230???
- Answer Hi, outlier. The power requirements of the Linksys RE9000 range extender is 100-240V so it should work in your region.
QuestionHi, Before I buy this extender, I would like to know if this extender will work with Velop AC2200? Thanks,
- Answer Yes, FR. However, since you have a Velop system, we suggest using the Velop mesh extender instead to retain the mesh capability. Check this out: https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-WHW0101P/
QuestionI live in a single story home with a smart tv in the basement and 2 on the upper level what is the best place for an extender n300 linksys router. hp computer system
- Answer Hi gtl. If your router is located in the upper level of your house, then you can place the Linksys RE9000 in the basement, to extend your router’s signal, for the devices located in that area. Be sure to use the Spot Finder feature to know if range extender is too far or too close from your router.
QuestionI have a Linksys AE9500 ac5400 MIMO Router with 3-RE7000 extenders on a 2-story, U- shaped 4,000 Sq. foot home that still has dead spots. Will the RE9000 allow me to place the extender farther away from the router and give me greater range?
- Answer Hi, Monty. You should be able to place the Linksys RE9000 range extender far away from the router yet you might consider checking the spot finder feature of the extender to help ensure the range extender is in the right spot.
- Answer Hi. It's not necessary, as long as the range extender is not too far or does not have too many physical obstructions that can affect the signal between it and the main router.
QuestionI have an accessory structure on my property approx. 100 ft from the main house. Can I connect this extender to my router via an ethernet cable? I have underground conduit running between the two buildings.
- Answer I connected mine with a 50 ft Ethernet cable and it has worked fine.
- Answer No, you will use your same network and password. Set up is very easy, and the extender solved our problems.
QuestionI have my internet over my phone line with a router in my front living room ?? We have 4000 sq house just want to make sure before purchasing
- Answer Hi, Dd. Our range extenders will work with most routers available in the market as long as they're properly configured.
QuestionI am in the process of purchasing a Tesla. It will be parked in the driveway and the wifi signal is not optimal where the car will be parked. Will this product boost the signal effectively from the front bedroom to the driveway?
- Answer Hello, Carbonmedic. Although the range will differ on the location of the Range Extender and physical obstruction, the range of the Linksys RE9000 is up to 10,000 Sq Ft.
QuestionWill extenders be effective through 4 floors of rooms, down to the garage area, though concrete floors?
- Answer Yes, with a disclaimer that it depends on where you place them and the thickness of the floors. In other words, placing one in the basement will be unlikely to reach the 4th floor, but even distribution(every floor or every other floor) has a pretty good shot at working.
QuestionWill this device [RE9000 AC3000 MU0-MIMO] work with a router that has its internet/WiFi service provided via satellite dish? My work laptop uses a VPN and a crucial plug-in I need to do my job will not load due to weak signal strength from the dish. :-(
- Answer Hi, Kdub65. The Linksys RE9000 MU-MIMO WiFi Extender will work with all WiFi routers, including those from your Internet service provider.
- Answer Yes it will...mine signal was extended 150ft
- Answer Yes it will work since your router is dual-band
- Answer Yes, JBuffett, the Linksys EA9300 will work with RE9000. For further inquiries, shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com, with the link to this post, for reference.
QuestionIs it Microsoft approved for Windows 10 IN S Mode and will it work with my Linksys E2500 or can I just use it by itself and still give me the coverage?
- Answer Hi, Redd. The extender can be used with E2500, but it can’t be used without a router in the network. We’d like to know more about the Microsoft approval that you’re referring to. Just send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com. Don’t forget to include a link to this post as our reference.
QuestionCan you tell me if this unit requires a hard wire connection to you router, or does it connect wirelessly? I need a unit to connect wirelessly. Thank you.
- Answer Hi, Tracjo. The RE9000 extender can be connected wired or wireless to the router. Either way should be fine.