Questions & Answers
- QuestionAre the cameras motion sensored? Can they only record or set to record with motion? Do I need a sd card to save the recordings? or how large is the DVR unit itself how much will it hold? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAre these battery operated cameras? If not do you have this same type system with battery operated cameras? (2 Answers)Answers
These cameras do not use batteries. They each come with a power adapter to plug into a nearby electrical outlet for a reliable power source. This allows for more installation options and reliability as you will not need to access the cameras frequently to replace or charge batteries. We currently do not offer battery operated cameras,
- QuestionWhy does thr monitor not work on battery power? it shuts off the second I remove the power cord. This is not what I expected. (2 Answers)Answers
It probably requires a 5v battery and it DOES NOT come included with the unit. Best Buy doesn't sell them, they've responded to my question, a visit and even opened up a different unit and the battery is NOT included. Lorex hasn't answered the 2 emails as of yet that I've sent over the past month and they didn't have them available on their website. The battery compartment is located under the monitors' back panel that has 2 phillips head screws holding it. It's a really nice unit, but to not include the battery AND not have one available left us hanging...
- QuestionHow long are the camera adapter leads ( how far away can the electrical outlet be from the cameras ) ? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDo these cameras need to be wired directly into the house electricity? You mention they come with adapters, but I don't understand how these are connected. I understand everything else about the product. (2 Answers)Answers
The cameras have to be plugged into a standard 120v residential electrical outlet. You can run them down the wall to a nearby power outlet or drill a 3/8" hole in the wall and pass the wire through your attic and plug into an outlet up there if you have one. The adapter has a terminal connecting the plug to the camera to accommodate running the wire through walls.
- QuestionDo I need a computer to setup or for using the camera system in my home. How do I view save n delete video? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionSo you are able to monitor your home from away on your android phone? Is it an app that you need to download to phone and does it work well and send alerts to your phone when there is motion? (3 Answers)
- QuestionHow do you view LW2762H video files with a Win7 PC? (3 Answers)Answers
Your PC must have a SD card reader (hardware). Then you'll need a DVR converter (software). Then simply pull the SD card from the monitor insert it into the card reader on the PC and copy the files from the card to the PC. Then run the converter software converting the DVR files to another file format of your choice.
- QuestionAccording to the instructions the monitor use an ac adapter that charges a battery as well. I would like to know exactly what battery I need for the monitor because there's a spot for it. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow does the monitor keep charged,and can it be turned off when not needed? (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions