Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $399.99
- Answer Oculus is owned entirely by Facebook so it requires you to use your Facebook account in order to access the Oculus Store and the other services. You can't use the device without signing in and connecting it to your Facebook account.
- Answer You use you’re phone to download the games. Search in the App Store oculus, make a account, setup your oculus when you get it, most of the games are $29 each and some are free
- Answer My friend says he has about 12 games there so far and isn’t to 50% yet. Most games are 1gb or so according to google. But that depends if and when they come out with some triple A games. On PS most games are only a few GB. When you DL a game like Call of Duty that jumps to about 60gb. I’d say 128 hits the spot for 1 actively played game or 2 that’s bigger, and a bunch of indie games. You can always re-download later.
- Answer You can use it wired using a USB-C to USB-C cable connected to your PC, Oculus sells one themselves or you can get alternatives as they are cheaper. You can also use it wirelessly using Virtual Desktop or Oculus Airlink, both available in the Oculus Store, although you might notice slight latency issues.
QuestionWill the Oculus Quest 2 be available in stores on August 23th or will they be in stock in store on August 24th?
- Answer It will actually come in stock by August 23 but might be sold on August 24th.
QuestionHi I have a question how soon will this be in I just got enough money to buy it as I just turned 15 Thanks!
- Answer Heyyyy! Welcome to the club. I myself just worked and scraped together enough money to get one. A few key points of this over the production version that was recently dismissed. The 64GB version is replaced with the 128GB version for no additional consumer cost. It also will come with a silicone cover now. Previously no cover shipped, and the facial interface is known to have caused facial irritation and rashing and things to a few people. I highly suggest spending money to get a new facial interface from VRCover if you get the headset. I also suggest getting a new strap for the headset. The Oculus Elite Strap could do but has a record to snap after use, so I personally am gonna mod mine out once I get it with a more expensive HTC deluxe audio strap. Also, I suggest getting something with that strap as a counterweight. I would say a battery bank would be worth it since the Quest 2 only lasts 2 hours of play-time before needing charging, which gets progressively worse as it is a Lithium-Ion battery that degrades over time. Although when starting to use the device for the first time it is suggested to play only 15 minutes the first day, 30 the next, and work yourself up until comfortable. Play simple, and probably free games as you get used to the device and gain your "VR Legs" as people call it. For the ORIGINAL QUESTION. It is said that it will release August 24th. Although it is noted that the BestBuy site currently is saying the 23rd of August. Happy Questing!
- Answer Unfortunately no, there is no way to expand storage besides the internal memory as external drives will not work with the device. However, most VR games available are quite small (around 2-3gb) so you'll not need to upgrade storage unless you are a content creator and have to record a lot of gameplay.
QuestionI was a previous owner of the quest 2 but returned it due to the face covering making my face swell up, ive heard this iteration of the quest will now have a silicone face covering, is this true or is it the same rough fabric?.
- Answer The previous release of the quest 2 came with the foam insert that you had, since then they have issued a voluntary recall or an option to get a free silicone face piece. This new release will have only a silicone piece.
- Answer This is a standalone headset, meaning you CAN use a PC but you can also 100% go without. You only need a PC if you want to buy and play SteamVR games like Blade & Sorcery and other such games. TL;DR, no you don't need a PC.
- Answer It has a built-in Oculus Browser which you can use to browse the web normally.
- Answer The Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone device, meaning it doesn't require you to use your phone or PC after you set it up. You will need to use your phone or PC when you use it for the first time to set it up correctly with the Oculus app. You can continue to use the Oculus app on your phone later to buy and install games or even cast your view to your phone screen if you want to share what you can see from the headset.
- Answer There is a wide variety of cost between games depending on the genre. Typically games range from $10-$25. There are some games that are free and some that are even cheaper then $10. However they also have a couple games in the $30-$60 range but they tend to be multiple games bundled together. The best part about it is if you purchase a game and decide it’s terrible and awful, if you play less than 2 hours they will refund your purchase for the game. They also delete the game away from your downloaded games library. It does take a few days for the refund to go through.
Questionwanting to buy this for my 12 year old son but not sure what size gb to get? Is 128 GB hold enough games or should I go the 256 GB? Anyone who has one can you please give me some information on about how many games or memory this system holds. Thanks
- Answer It's more than enough a game is usually 1 gb so you'll be able to install around 128 game's
QuestionSince I do not have, nor do I want to have a Facebook account, are there any decent systems other than this one?
- Answer yes, but not cheaper
QuestionHi, I want to reserve one unit, it May be posible? Because im from Argentina and have a cousin that came on september 1st. I dont wanna lose my oportunity. Sorry about my english.
- Answer It comes in stock on August 23rd and will be available for purchase from the 24th of August.
- Answer its will b in stock the 23 of aguest and preorders start this week