Questions & Answers
- QuestionHow long the battery last? Does it have a siren alarm sound ? (5 Answers)Answers
How long the batteries last isn't the real issue. Unfortunately, the batteries that this system runs on are very hard to find and then can be super expensive. Do your research on how much those batteries will cost and figure that you'll need to replace every 2-4 (or so) months, depending on usage. Stay away from major roads or trees. Remember, if there's a slight breeze, leafs will move and trigger the camera. As much as I love this system, the battery battle has me desperately looking elsewhere.
- QuestionThe "Basic" Free 7 Days of Cloud Recording only allow up to 5 cameras and 1GB of Cloud Storage. This package contain 6 cameras so how will this work for those who just want the "Basic" plan setup? Assuming 6 cameras will max out that 1GB quick right? (8 Answers)Answers
I found out the answer to my question from Arlo product page: http://arlo.com/en-us/products/kit/VMK3500.aspx Bonus Bundle Allow 6th Camera to be added to the Free Basic Plan! "*BONUS*: Included in this package is an exclusive Basic service plan that allows for up to 6 cameras to be added to your account for FREE."
- QuestionWhat is the maximum distance for the wireless cameras (4 Answers)Answers
Maximum. You can place your Arlo camera a maximum of 300 feet (90 meters) from the base station. In indoor installations, the range might be less if metal objects or thick walls and ceilings are between a camera and the base station. Note: Check the Camera LED on the base station. If it’s blinking amber, the base station detects a low data rate, a sign that a camera is too far from the base station. • Minimum. Place your Arlo cameras at least 10 feet from the base station, and allow at least 6 ½ feet (2 meters) between cameras. Follow these guidelines to prevent WiFi signals between the devices from interfering with each other.
- QuestionI have 4 dogs, can I turn off the motion detection in order to save battery life and stop my phone for receiving SMS every time one of the dogs run in front of the camera? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill these record the leave blowing? I don't want them too. Is there a way to set this so it records people and not the leaves? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan the ARLO system be configured to store video files to a local hard drive instead of the cloud? I am looking to maintain my own local repository of video files. (4 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan you add more cameras (3 Answers)
- QuestionWhat is the difference between the Arlo & the Arlo Pro? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionSo the outdoor cameras are completely wireless; no power cord? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan I view this on my laptop ? I only have a Trac phone. (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions