Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $899.99
QuestionI see that it states "Requires Samsung Smart Washer/Dryer app. The Samsung Smart Washer/Dryer app supports Android OS 2.3.6 or later and iOS 3 or later for ." Is the app absolutely needed? Definite deal breaker for my mother who has no cell phone or wifi.
- Answer I didnt even know there was an app... guess it's time to break out the owners manual and see what it does. In short no I use my washer all the time without the app.
QuestionHow do you save on electricity/water when it takes ove4 an hour to do a load of laundry? What does this washer do that takes so long. A normal washing machine is less than 30 minutes, I don’t understand why it takes this long to wash! Ridiculous!!
- Answer I totally agree with you contact customer service or return it
QuestionCan you wash a king comforter?
- Answer Before you put big items in the washer you should calibrate the machine. Directions are in the manual. It says in users manual the recommended load capactiy is 7.5 lbs. It depends on how thick your comforter is. They also recommend folding the bedding like an accordion before putting in the machine.
- Answer Yes. It has an option for that.
- Answer My old one I replaced would do that but was another brand. I recently got this one and at 20 washes with no issues of clothes tangling up. I've washed various scenarios from delicates to normal loads to a comforter without an issue.
QuestionI just got my washer today. We use liquid fabric softener in pretty much every load along with liquid detergent. Why, when I choose the fabric softener option does it change the time from 1hr 20 minutes to 2 hours!! That's way too long. Please help
- Answer I use fabric softener but I don’t choose it and it still works great for me. I think it adds another rinse and spin cycle so I don’t use that option.
QuestionCan you wash a king comforter in this machine? I’m on the fence with purchasing a 5.0 or the 5.4. Please help Thank you!
- Answer Yes, I have washed my king size quilt, my feather insert and my duvet and it was washed completely.
QuestionHow long does a normal wash cycle take? Around 20, 30, 40 or 50 minutes? I am looking for a fast wash cycle machine.
- Answer 56 minutes is the normal cycle
QuestionHad this model delivered today and ran my 1st and 2nd loads with clothes in them and cannot seem to find the EZ Access feature which is one of this models big selling points for me. Where or how do you use the EZ Access to help get laundry out?
- Answer Since this was of interest to me as well, I thought I'd share. I'm 5'3" and have to really strain a bit to reach those last few stray clothes at the bottom. I'm planning on keeping a little step stool handy to make it a little easier.
- Answer Best Buy installed the new washer, complete with new hoses, and removed the old one for recycling. They do charge a fee for this service, but it's worth it not to have to deal with hauling off the old machine to the recyclers.
QuestionIs there a way to disable all the chimes when selecting cycles? I find the noise very irritating. My old Samsung had a feature to disable all the noise, I have been able to silence the end of cycle beep, but no more. Thank you
- Answer You can turn the end of cycle alarm off by pressing 'alarm off' on the control panel, but cannot disable all the sounds on this unit. ^Lo
- Answer No. And I have to keep the lid closed cause I don't want my cat jumping in.
QuestionDoes this model (W 50R5200AW/US) have the Water-Jet feature or not? The pictures and Video show one but I dont see anything referring to it in the SPECS or Expanded SPECS either.
- Answer Yes this washer has the Active water jet (for prewash)
QuestionIs the lid spring loaded where it will stay partially open? I have a shelf above the washer and can't open the lid all the way.
- Answer It does have Spring assisted lid, but that lid will NOt stay open in any other position but wide open. Jet geo and Elle-May would use a prop stick
- Answer I washed Three of them. You have to fold the comfort cover in half, then fold it in half again (three to four times in total). you must then fold it into a fan like structure and place it in the washers drum sideways (not flat). I would also wet the cover before adding to washer as the machine determines the weight of the item when you start up. If water is not added to give more weight you will not have enough water in the drum to adequately wash the cover, and will have to use the add water (cold water only, no choice), to the desired level, washer weighs the dry clothing and adds water according to it's weight. Please note the more water you add the longer washining time will occur. The first time I used this feature, it took over three hours to wash, rinse, and spin. This washer is not like the older washing machines due to Federal regulations. I had a Kenmore that I owned for more than 10 years nothing was wrong with it. My wife wanted the upgrade, and matching dryer. If I knew then what I know now, I'd still have the Kenmore. This is a very complicated washer all electronics, not the old motor, and transmissions of the older washing machines (yes, the older machines had transmissions, and motors). The first washer was replaced after four days. This one is working as it was designed thus far. Buy the extended warranty, I think it is necessary. One other thing, when washing trousers, you have to zip them up and turn inside out to prevent zippers from scratching the drum, also the same must be done with shirts with buttons (button them up and turn inside out. Bras and items with hooks need to be washed in a mesh laundry bag. Hope this helps
QuestionI don't see a load size option. I sometimes have very small loads. Does this sense the required water level, or does it always put in full load water levels? I see you can add water for larger loads. It is the small and medium. I do not want to waste.
- Answer I'm so glad you asked, 24gkd! This model does have a quick wash cycle that is designed for smaller, lightly soiled items. It also does use special weight sensing technology to determine how much water is needed based on the amount of items in the washer. ^Jecca