Questions & Answers
QuestionSo this is something new with sprint as far as leasing phones? I have never had to pay additional for my phone on top of my monthly bill. Any time I have upgrades I have paid $100-$200 for the phone up front and the phone is mine no leasing no nothing.
- Answer Yes , they have been doing this for a couple years now . You don't have a contract with the service ,but your lease is a 24 month contract if you change you have to pay off the lease . Supposedly the service is cheaper , but you pay for the phone as you go. It all evens out to the same , you really were paying for the phone before . Just gimmicks to make you think it's a better deal. I think if you bought the phone and just made payments monthly you come out ahead , just look for when they have deals at other stores like BB, THEN YOU OWN THE PHONE . Leasing is a rip. And the new every time a new model comes out isn't all it's cracked up to be . Beacause the monthly lease amount goes way up for the new phone, Thats my take on it all
QuestionIn order to purchase a cell phone from Best Buy I have to sign a contract with Verizon or Sprint? And the monthly prices that are listed are they 24 installments to purchase or to lease?
- Answer I don't know how verizon works but with sprint you have the option to do 18 month leases or 24 month buy out. With the lead, it's usually a little more expensive. After 12 months, you can trade in your phone for a new one of your choosing. At that time, you will start monthly installments based on the new phone. With the leasing option, you can trade in the phone to get a new one or buy it at the end of the lease to keep it. With the 24 month installment plan, you pay a certain amount each month so that at the end of 2 years, you end up keeping the phone. If at any point in time you want to upgrade to a newer phone, you must pay off the remaining balance of your phone. You will be able to keep it once you do that. In some cases, you can choose to trade in the phone after 12 months (without paying for the phone or keeping it)
QuestionI am looking to upgrade my current phone with Sprint. I am going to get the Galaxy S8+ and was wondering if Sprints Galaxy Forever program still works if I lease the phone from you guys?
- Answer Yes the same applies thru bb. I hve sprint & always get phones thru best buy as thy have nice promos & sprint don't comp ads.
QuestionHere are a few problems w/ my S8+: 1) I cannot play video posts on Instagram. 2) While typing the unlock password, the screen automatically goes out. 3) The face recognition most often cannot recognize a face in front of the camera. Anyone else?
- Answer I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+, purchased this month (June). I do not have any problem with Instagram videos or other pics, or videos and pics from other sources. Also, it does not have any problems when I type unlock pw. It goes right to home screen. I do not use face recognition, but definitely have not had your first two problems. If your porblems were happening with my phone, I would take it to your carrier store. Mine is Sprint and they have always been very helpful with phone problems. But, so far I have none and love this phone. My previous phone was an LG G4.
- Answer Yes that's what i did but you have to call in you cant do it in store.
- Answer I would recommend looking into the best buy credit card and getting the unlocked version of this device. You'll have an unlocked device unattached to any carrier and you can pay it off in a year with the best buy card
- Answer The biggest differences that I've looked into are the cameras. Note 5 is 16mp rear and 6 mp front. The s8+ is 12mp rear and 8 mp front. Also, the Note 5 doesn't have an SD slot for expanded memory, whereas the s8+ does. Oh, and the charging adapter is completely new on the s8+.
QuestionI already have Sprint as a carrier. If I purchase this one on the 24 month installment plan and I pay it off early, am I still under a 2 year contract with Sprint?
- Answer Nope. Even if you don't pay it off early you're not under a 2 yr agreement. If you decide to leave before you pay it off, you just have to pay your balance.
QuestionWould like to know before i purchase the S8.. Do Samsung plan on releasing a Note 8? Love the Note Family more i have the S7 edge and really don't like it..
- Answer Yes, note 8 should be coming out in a few months maybe.
QuestionDo you get to keep the phone before you finish paying it off on layaway and begin to use it ? Also could I connect it with simple mobile?
- Answer This product is not compatible with Simple Mobile.
- Answer If you dont see an advertisement, then you can easily go to my best by online to get all the info you need on upgrades!
QuestionIf i pay the one time fee on yur unlocked cell phone will i own the cell or do i still hv more payments
- Answer This is not an unlocked phone; it is configured to work only on the Sprint network. If you pay the one-time charge, you own the phone.
QuestionI'm already with sprint but no contract. If i get sprint's s8+ through bestbuy will i get contracted with Sprint if i do the 24 month installments? What if i pay and activate today?
- Answer I bought this with pay and activate, as did a family member, and this did not result in any change to my Sprint account ... no contract.
Questionso, would i just get this, and then have to bring it to an actual sprint store to get a sim card? would it come with a sim card, or would i need to visit a store, bring it in and get one there?
- Answer If you get the Sprint phone, then it is already set up for the Sprint network. If you buy it in Best Buy, they can activate the phone right there. Be aware though, that if you buy this phone at a discounted price for Sprint, then there likely will be a $25/month phone subsidy charge on your bill. I wasn't aware of that prior to purchasing the phone. For my situation, Sprint was going to charge me $25/month for 24 months even though the Best Buy website says that you will own the phone today, no monthly fees, no contract (so I returned it). If you lease the phone there won't be a charge according to Sprint. Either way, Best Buy can activate the phone in their store.
QuestionI have sprint service can I lease a phone at best buy have family plan with phone want to upgrade but think I owe on phone I have now
- Answer I believe if you're still leasing your current phone you'll have to pay it off before you can upgrade your phone unless you're at the end of the lease. If you are, then you can trade in your current phone and start a new lease agreement on the new one. Go onto Sprint.com and look at your acct, it'll tell you how many payments you have left.
QuestionThe $10.16 is for 24 months. What happens after 24 months. Is the phone paid off, or is there a balance?
- Answer The phone is yours after 24 months.
QuestionIf I purchase it as activate later does thst mean that I can transfer it to my existing Sprint line when I get it?
- Answer In theory, YES. - get a Sprint compatible CDMA version. A non CDMA S8+ should work. But Sprint custom service will cause you problems. - Sprint might say no if your existing line is still under contract for another phone. - If the new S8+ is an outright purchase, no problem. If that new S8+ is a lease, there could be some issues... I got this deal for S8+, a 2-year lease, for $2.66 a month from Best Buy, then ported my line from FreedomPop to Sprint. (early November this year) In another case, I ported my landline to Sprint to keep my home number for a sentimental reason. I went to Sprint to ask them to use my used Samsung Note 5 for that number. No problem.
- Answer Si es de sprint si es compatible.