Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $199.99
The previous price was $249.99
- Answer Great question. The difference between the LTE and Bluetooth version of the Galaxy Watch Active2 is that LTE version of the watch is able to give you notifications without you needing to be within Bluetooth distance or even having that feature turned on, on your mobile phone. The LTE version requires that you pay for service through your carrier. The design of the watch and other features are the same for both versions. Thank you for reaching out to us. ^Kayla
- Answer Hello Kaden, thanks for asking! This watch is compatible with Samsung Smartphones, Non-Samsung Android Smartphones (Android OS 5.0 and above RAM 1.5GB and above), iOS 9.0 and above iPhone 5 and above. With this watch you can make phone calls from your wrist. You just need to make sure your smartwatch is connected to your phone through Bluetooth. Once that's set up, you can make as many calls as you want. You can also quickly and easily view incoming messages on your watch and send replies, and you won't even need to take out your phone. ^Elizabeth
QuestionWill the base be any thinner than the Galaxy watch? I have very small wrists and I'm finding that it feels very bulky. I currently have the 42mm LTE Rose gold. R815U Thank you.
- Answer I also have very small wrists and have held off buying a smartwatch because most are gigantic. I even passed up on the Galaxy Watch. I bought the 40mm Active 2, and it's fantastic. Light, relatively slim, and doesn't bother me at all. I have worn it to bed several times, and it hasn't disturbed my sleep (even though I didn't have it in Goodnight mode).
QuestionWhat is the distance between the watch and phone...in order to receive texts/calls? Ex: if I forget my phone at home, will I still be able to utilize either function on the watch? Also, can you ping your phone from your watch if you've lost your phone?
- Answer I tried this exercise with my Motorola phone. I left the phone on the table, near the back door, and went out into the backyard. I got 40-50 feet in a straight line before it started to drop off. When I went around the corner of the house though (about 25 feet) it started to get crackly. You can ping the watch from the phone, or the phone from the watch.
- Answer Hello Mika, great question! With this watch you can make and forward phone calls right from your wrist! You just need to make sure the watch is connected to your phone through Bluetooth or through a mobile network. ^Elizabeth
QuestionWill this actually be able to track your temperature? Would that mean it could it be used to track basal body temperature?
- Answer Yes, this would actually be able to track your temperature.
- Answer Yes. You can respond back from the watch to texts. There are multiple ways you can respond back to a text. The easiest I've found is to use the microphone and dictate your response. Other ways you can respond back to texts is using canned (and customized) short pre-programmed responses, using watch keyboard, and even using your finger to draw one letter at a time to create a response.
- Answer The aluminum version is only able to send and receive calls and message through bluetooth, meaning that your phone is nearby with you at all times while connected to bluetooth. You are able to speak to someone through your phone with this method. However, in order to use it as a cellular device like you would your own phone, you would have to purchase the stainless steel version and pay on a monthly service plan. This option allows you to actually leave your own phone at home and not have to connect through bluetooth.
QuestionI currently have the Samsung watch. The steps and fitness tracker are pretty bad (worse than Gear2). If I'm walking back and forth it doesn't count unless I'm 11 steps in. Is Active2 better at tracking steps/fitness or the same as previous versions?
- Answer I hope this will help, Babs... I recently got one of these from being a Gear FitPro 2 owner. This Galaxy Watch Active 2 is amazing, I truly believe it will be much better for you, for keeping a more accurate account of your steps and daily activity level on a whole than the previous version. I write this because, when I was researching, I considered saving money and getting the older model, but they've made several improvements that just make it worth it, and one of those being improved accuracy, more sensors and better processing power. I looked up reviews on YouTube and found several that helped "seal the deal" before buying. I happened to get one of the Best Buy open box/certified ones, and saved some money, it arrived as if it was never even unsealed, beautiful! I hope this helps you!
- Answer I use my watch daily to receive/answer phone calls and texts. Because the watch screen is small, I don't try to read emails but I do believe it has the capability to access an email application. The audio / microphone quality is really accurate so answering texts by dictation works well.
- Answer Yes you can answer/make calls from the watch.. Initially I got an active watch but that option wasn't available, so I change to active 2... Now I can answer calls without having to take out my cellphone
QuestionThe difference between Samsung Smart Watches Active and Active 2 shown in specifications is longer battery life in newer version. Is there any additional features in Active 2 vs Active?
- Answer Hello ElenaT, thanks for asking! One of the most major differences is the Galaxy Watch Active2 will be available in LTE versions. You can learn more about all of the other improved features and specifications by following this link (https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wearables/galaxy-watch-active-2/). ^Elizabeth
QuestionHi if I have a prepaid Samsung Galaxy J7 will I be able to use this watch with my phone? And also how much around monthly is a data plan cost on the watch if you want to leave your phone home and use watch to make calls? Thank you
- Answer I'm not sure if there is a data plan for the watch; however, if you are on wifi and you leave your phone at home, you can still text and make calls.
- Answer It tracks heart rate and oxygen level, but not blood pressure. It also has a built in ECG to check whether you have a normal sinus rhythm
- Answer Hello CE, thanks for asking! You can add and remove tracks to build the perfect playlist to experience the freedom of a wireless, phoneless, and practically weightless workout! ^Elizabeth
- Answer yes, you can able to receive and response on any messaging apps. you can control it via samsung wear apps