Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this have the mapping system where you can choose what rooms to vacuum? (3 Answers)Answers
Yes it does, however, I'm not having much luck with it - so far I have had it try to make a floor plan 5 times, and only one even vaguely resembles my apartment. The most rooms it has given me is 3, with most coming in at 1 or 2 rooms; my apartment actually has 4 or 5 - depending on how you count it. There is no way to modify anything about the map the bot creates, other than naming the rooms. Also, if it gets stuck, you have to start the mapping process over from the start, even if it was 90% done. The 5 maps I have made took 8 tries total.
- QuestionDoes this model have the side brushes? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow does the turbo version differ from the wi fi version that is a lot cheaper? (1 Answer)Answers
If you're comparing it to the Samsung SR2AJ9040U POWERbot Wi-Fi Robot Vacuum, then I say the biggest difference is double the suction power. The warranty on the 9350 is 10 years vs the 1 year the SR2AJ9040U comes with. They both come with Wi-Fi capability that you can control the bot via an app. However the 9350 you can designate areas to be clean (like a specific room/rooms) while I'm honestly uncertain regarding the SR2AJ9040U. When I did my research on the 9350 (on black friday) it seemed this was the only bot that had this awesome feature, which made me buy it. Being able to send the bot to clean the living room when guest were coming on short notice saves me the stress of getting home an hour before them. I live in a 5,000 sq ft home and takes my little bot some time to do it all which is why this feature was very desirable. Hope that helps
- QuestionWill it fall down the stairs? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the robot have the capability to program the cleaning of a room if needing to scan a 20ft ceiling? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionSetting this up for the first time, I cannot get it to charge. I have retried all the set up steps 3 times. Any ideas? (4 Answers)Answers
I think you might be having any one of the two problems: - You need to turn on a "red buttom" which is located on the bottom of the vacuum cleaner. It is covered in a translucent rubbery plastic. But you will find it easily - I also found that you need to place it properly on the charger. Move it around a little bit and a green light will come on the charging station indicating that it is charging. It will also "beep" to indicate that the vacuum has been placed on the charger correctly.
- QuestionHow do I set up the room mapping? Is it on my phone? I've tried downloading the samsung smart home app but it's not connecting. Help! (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs Samsung coming out with a new model (Powerbot VR7000) in near future that is better than this 9350 model? (0 Answers)
- QuestionAfter cleaning or mapping out the house It cannot find the charging port. what can I do to fix this issue? I like the location the charger port is in and would like to keep the there. (0 Answers)
- QuestionAnyone having issues creating a floor plan with the app? After several hours and a couple recharges (3,000 sqft house) the floor plan it generates looks nothing like my house and is useless. Any suggestions? (3 Answers)Answers
Just following up. After a few tries (took 3 recharges to complete) we ended up with a decent floor plan. What I did was declutter the floors as best as I could (chairs on the tables, moved dog beds etc.). I also reduced the suction to quiet to extend the battery life. I ended up relocating the robot to a central part of the house as opposed to a spare room on the far side. After initiating it seemed to prefer this method and mapped part of the house and recharged. You have to leave it alone and not mess with the app (will say making floor plan). It took a while and the result was actually pretty good. Keep in mind that the floor plan will not look exactly like your house. I have large gaps in mine and some rooms are combined which is fine with me. The gaps resulted from stairwells and closets not being mapped (closed those doors). So while it doesnt look like my blueprints, it did a pretty good job showing the areas that are actually accessible to it and divided them up accordingly. My pie in the sky wish would be that Samsung makes the floor plan creation tool available to us as consumers so we could tinker and perfect it the way we want.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions