Questions & Answers
QuestionHas anyone tried heating/ warming up the milk? Can the mug/ glass fit in? How fast can it be? We usually heat the milk up within 60 seconds. You think this can replace your microwave?
- Answer Because of the reheating times I have experienced, I think it would take too long for a glass of milk to be properly heated. Plus, you have to use an oven-safe glass or cup and the height of the oven is pretty low.
- Answer Hello Sandy, this unit is not able to bake Bread. This unit uses the steam technology to cook. If we may be of assistance kindly contact us at email@example.com.
QuestionThis is my 3rd attempt at getting an answer on how much space the interior has for a casserole dish. So far you’ve said there’s no rack, so 4”+ clearance is available. But your comment that a casserole CANNOT be baked does not agree with other answers!
- Answer I can see the answer that Sharp provided you yesterday. Why are you unable to see this? They gave you dimensions, it is up to you to know the size of your casserole dish.
QuestionCan I use this oven without water filled, like a “dry” mode? Or can I fill in water and set temperature to 100 Celsius, like a “steam” mode?
- Answer Hello, please be advised that it is necessary to fill the water tank for all functions.
- Answer Hello, please be advised that this is a countertop model. It however, can be placed within an open cabinet with the requirement of the minimum 3 inches space entirely around the unit for proper ventilation.
QuestionAfter reading the last “Answer” which was a bit insulting, I’m wondering why it cannot be confirmed whether a low casserole (oven-safe) dish can be used in this oven? Past answers to all say “Yes”. Answer to me said “No”.
- Answer Hello, please be advised that a casserole dish for the unit is not recommended. The unit was only designed to use the two trays that came with it (broiling and crisper tray).
QuestionIs there a sliding rack or would a casserole dish be placed on the floor of the oven? I’m wondering since the interior height is only 4.6 inches.
- Answer It does come with 2 slide-in removable trays. One with holes in it for toast and crispy things. The other is a solid broiler tray for everything else. So, you know the 1/2 size aluminum foil trays that you see on buffet tables? You would place two of them in the big tray with the water? THAT tray does fit in the oven. If you want it off the floor, put the crisper tray on the lower set of rails. If you want the bottom to be even crispier, I often just remove both trays and place that 1/2 size aluminum foil tray right on the floor of the oven. The floor of the oven covers the bottom baking element, so on BAKE, placing an oven-safe dish on the floor will make for crispy bottoms. If you place it on the floor and use BROIL, it will heat from the upper element only, so the bottom will not get too brown. Overall, the oven is amazing and I use it almost every night instead of my big oven. You can see a whole bunch of recipes and suggestions on Pinterest, or sbl.sharpusa.com
QuestionWhat size casserole dish will this hold (length, width, HEIGHT)? Thank You. I’m looking for something that will hold a small oven safe baking dish. Also, is the interior self cleaning or does the steam do the trick?
- Answer Hello, the unit has a cavity volume which is 0.5 cubic feet and a cavity dimensions of 13.8”(W) x 4.6”(H) x 14.0”(D). It is also recommended that after every use, once the oven has cooled down and is safe to touch, wipe the oven walls with a soft cloth and warm water (or mild soapy water).
QuestionI posted a question asking if an oven safe casserole would be set on the floor of the oven or if there’s a slide-in rack. I was trying to find out if the entire height is usable. The answer didn’t address my question.
- Answer Hello Jasper, I am not seeing where this unit is equip to bake a Casserole. This unit does not come with a rack, its comes with a Broiling pan ( for warm, bake/reheat and broil/grill modes) and a Crisper tray (for toast, pizza and bake/reheat modes). You are able to use the entire cooking cavity.
QuestionCan you heat up a cups of coffee or can you use to heat up something, say 15 seconds to 3 minutes as you would do with a microwave. Thank you. Is the price for just today June 08, 2020
- Answer Hello, the unit can be used to reheat however it is recommended to follow the direct directions of the cook book and users manual. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuestionDoes it always power up at 1750 watts regardless of the temperature setting? Even the "keep warm" function?
- Answer You get to set your own temperature. Each function has a default temperature but you can adjust up or down. If you're concerned about power usage I've seen no increase in my electric bill since I purchased this oven a few months ago.
QuestionI have 2 questions: 1 - Can I use a oven safe terracotta casserole dish on the bake/reheat setting? 2 - Can it bake cookies?
- Answer Absolutely. Great results. I do it all the time. My own oven-safe dish, and my own cookies! I use this oven almost every night. And if you have a baking impulse, it is perfect for cookies, cupcakes, and brownies.
- Answer Hello So, please be advised that this unit uses steam to cook. Therefore, It is not able to bake a cake. The product dimensions are: 19.7”(W) x 9.3”(H) x 19.3”(D) and the cavity dimensions: 13.8”(W) x 4.6”(H) x 14.0”(D). The unit comes with a Broiling Pan and Crisper Tray. If you have any further questions please email us at email@example.com so we may advise you.
QuestionMy question was, "will a 1/4 sheet pan fit in this oven". You did not answer the question. It goes to the size of the inner cavity.
- Answer Hello Zeus, we recommend that you use only the supplied accessory within the unit. This is Crisper tray and the Broiling pan. The inside dimensions of the unit is 13.8"(W) x 4.6"(H) x 14.1"(D).