QuestionIs this the speaker that I would want to add to my Sonos beam to get surround sound. Or is there a better speaker to add and do I need two of these for that.
- Answer Yes, you can clearly add (2) Sonos One SLs to generate a home theater surround sound. You will need (2) of them. One for the R-rear channel and the other for the L-rear channel. If your room is smaller, this with a Sonos subwoofer will be fine. If your room is very large, you could have (2) Play 5’s for your left and right rear channels. However, the price jumps up considerably with a set of Play 5s.
QuestionSo it’s called wireless but it needs to be hooked up to power to work? If so can you recommend an actual wireLESS outdoor speaker?
- Answer The Sonos Move is a wireless speaker that can work over your WiFi network or over Bluetooth for up to 10 hours without being connected to power. It includes a charging cradle that makes it easy to take the speaker with you all around your home and return it to its most used spot to recharge and still provide music.
QuestionI have a large retail store, I want to put a few speakers up for some background noise. Would I just need to purchase 4 or 5 of these -and just these- or do I need to purchase some kind of central unit (receiver?) They will be stretched about 50ft apart.
- Answer I would start with this, but if you run into any issues with drop outs you can always add the Sonos Boost ($99) which will make your signal even stronger.
- Answer The Sonos One is compatible with Airplay 2 and will play content directly from iOS devices that use Airplay 2 as well!
QuestionI’m looking for a speaker that I can take to the gym and easily WiFi/Bluetooth for fitness classes. Is this speaker an option for me?
- Answer Hi, and thank you very much for reaching out with a question! This speaker is designed to work off of wifi. It plugs into the wall for power, and uses wifi to stream. If you have access to the wifi at your gym/fitness classes then you could technically use this. You'll need to set it up on wifi wherever you take it. It's designed to stay in the home however. We would recommend the Sonos Move for this scenario. The Move works off of both wifi and Bluetooth and is designed to be on-the-go.
QuestionMy question,“I'm looking for a wifi speaker that can play sound from a television program I'm watching for music I'm listening to from my iPad. II received an answer, ..you would need to purchase the Sonos Beam... Could you provide a product number?
- Answer You can find the Sonos Beam on bestbuy.com by searching for Sonos Beam. The model number is BEAM1US1BLK and the Best Buy SKU is 6253409.
QuestionIf I airplay to the sonos one sl with my iPad will it remember to always play sound through the sonos?
- Answer Thank you for your question! You will have to reconnect your iPad to the One SL occasionally.
QuestionCan I permanently install the Sonos One SL outside but well-protected from precipitation and sun under an eave? They would be exposed to temperatures of -10 to 95F and high outdoor summer humidity.
- Answer Great question! We cannot say that One SL is able to be installed outdoors because it isn't designed for that. One SL does have a humidity resistant architecture, but it isn't designed to work in the extreme cold. If you were to do this, note that it isn't designed for it and you'd want to install it in a way that let you bring it in for the winter.
QuestionI have the Sonos SL wireless speakers along with the Beam (Get 2) sounder. I LOVE it but I am having a difficult time getting rid of my CD's that I started to collect in 1985. Is there a recommended CD player that I can buy and attach? If so, how do you?
- Answer Hi, and thank you for your question. We're so happy you're loving your Sonos so far. One option would be to upload all of your CD's to your computer and then stream them to Sonos. Please see this article from our support site on streaming your music library from your computer. Another option would be what you're asking which is to stream from a CD changer. We don't have a recommended CD player/changer, however we do have a product that that CD player can plug into to connect it to your system. It's called "Sonos Port" and you can find it here by searching that on Best Buy's website. Just make sure the CD player you're buying had the connection needed to plug into Port. (Which shouldn't be a problem) Onece plugged into port select "line in" in our app for the Port and group the Sonos speakers you want to play that CD music to and you'll hear your old CD's. We hope this helps, feel free to reach out to use at sonos.com/support if you'd like any help with any of this!
QuestionI use a MacBook for binge watching Amazon Prime, YouTube video's, streaming music, etc.. Can I pair the Sonos - One SL for stereo sound on my 2020 MacBook??
- Answer Hi, and thank you for your question. You could stereo pair the One SL in the Sonos app. Then, airplay2 from your mac to the One SL's. Same goes for Youtube music. You can also sign into youtube music in our app.
- Answer I bought a Sonos one SL in December, liked it so much I then got Sonos one Gen 2. Set it up and the 2 are a stereo pair in the app. Once you create the stereo pair , music has to be the same on each. But setting them up as stereo pair seemed to work fine.
- Answer The One SL lacks a microphone to function as an Alexa or Google-type smart speaker, and is a little cheaper. The One will support either Alexa or Google services.
QuestionWe have a whole-house Sonos System which operates from an app on our computer/iPad. We'd like to add a speaker in the bedroom--will this work and how do we connect to our existing system?
- Answer Yes, it will work; when you plug in the new Sonos speaker it will let you select which room it is in and connect with your system.
QuestionI have a Samsung phone. If I get Spotify, will I be able to pair my phone with 2 Sonos wireless speakers? How close would my phone have to be to the speakers?
- Answer You do not need to pair your phone with Sonos wireless speakers like you do with a Bluetooth speaker. Sonos speakers connect to your WiFi network and are controlled through an app on your phone, as long as your phone is connected to the same WiFi network. This means that you do not need to keep your phone near the speakers just within the same WiFi network in your home. Additionally, you will not have to have your content interrupted by your notifications on your phone as you do with a Bluetooth speaker.
QuestionDoes this have Alexa built in??? It will sit next to my current alexa and I don't want them to interfere with each other.
- Answer The Sonos One SL does not have a microphone to receive and execute Alexa commands but you will be able to control it with your current Alexa device. This means you can control the speaker with your current Alexa device and there will not be any interference between the two.
QuestionI have a Vizio model SB3651-F6 sound bar and subwoofer are the Sonos speakers compatible with this unit as rear speakers?
- Answer No only pairs with sonos