Questions & Answers
- QuestionI can't find anywhere whether this receiver has HD radio, and the rumors are that it doesn't. is this correct? (2 Answers)
- QuestionHow good is the connectivity with Iphone7 ? (2 Answers)Answers
Have it installed in my Jeep. Connectivity with iPhone 7 via USB works perfectly. The deck automatically switches to CarPlay when plugged in. There is a noticeable difference between the sound quality when it's playing a song via Bluetooth and when I plug in the USB port. That said Bluetooth works well on its own but it does not support CayPlay via Bluetooth.
- QuestionMy Sony XAV-AX100 receiver does not keep time accurate on its own - it seems to need a smartphone even for the clock. Clock drift is very bad when not connected to a smart phone - drifts up to 11 hours off. Factory reset didn't work. Solutions? (3 Answers)Answers
I just installed, this unit and also having a problem with the clock. In the settings, I turned off the "Clock Time" As per the owner's manual this uses RDS data to control the clock. The clock still appears, but now set based on the manual input. Try it and let me know.
- QuestionDoes this unit feature any inputs, such as aux. or usb? I don't need a CD player but, prefer to access most of my music collection via a thumb drive and usb rather than Bluetooth streaming. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs the screen on this unit, a capacitative (like smartphone) or resistive (like old palm pilot phones)? (2 Answers)Answers
XAV-AX100 uses a resistive touchscreen. A bit less responsive than capacitative, but after driving this XAVAX100 for several days now, in cold weather, I have to say that its really kinda nice to be able to keep the gloves on and use the touchscreen interface (resistive responds to pressure i.e. resistance). Capacitative requires skin contact, stylus or touchscreen-friendly gloves.
- QuestionI've read that the USB port is on the rear of the unit. So how does one plug a phone into it? (4 Answers)Answers
The good news is that the unit comes with an extension USB cord from the rear, that can be installed into the glove box or (in my case) out under the console. It is very easy. The bad news is that there is only one USB connection this single connection is also the ONLY external connection. So, you can only have one device connected via this connection - e.g. only your smartphone, or your thumbdrive, not both. I really, REALLY wish they had included a storage card slot for media.
- QuestionCan I use my Ipod through the usb port? (3 Answers)
- QuestionYour web site says this isn't bluetooth compatible but the pictures displayed show options for Bluetooth Audio. Is that correct? Or does this simply mean something else, like that the receiver will play music via bluetooth but not do phone calls? (3 Answers)Answers
Hi VanSummers, This Sony XAV-AX100 supports Bluetooth connectivity. This receiver can simultaneously connect up to two compatible devices and choose between hands free phone access, phonebook access or audio streaming. -Jerome
- QuestionCan I plug in my phone through USB and play videos onto this player? Like Netflix and YouTube? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf I put my iphone on the USB cable am I able to play movies from my phone since it don't have a DVD player opening (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions