Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $356.99
The regular price is $419.99
QuestionWhat is the width between the feet (stand)? I have a tv stand that is only 41" wide. Hoping this would fit ok on it. thank you
- Answer For this 50 inch TCL Android TV, the feet spacing to fit on a stand is 37.3 inches. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer The true refresh rate is 60Hz. TCL advertises a 120Hz CMI refresh rate, but this is misleading. CMI is just the latest misleading quantifying used by manufacturers who want to put 120Hz on the box but aren't able to truly achieve it. (There is even a building class action lawsuit about it https://www.classaction.org/tcl-cmi-refresh-rate-lawsuit .) What TCL does to advertise 120 is add an extra black frame between every real frame. When pressed they claim this reduces "motion blur", but if you're looking for a true 120 Hz TV to play your newest game console on this isn't it.
- Answer Our TCL Android TVs do indeed support Bluetooth and can be paired with compatible audio devices that also support and pair via Bluetooth. You can also visit https://support.tcl.com/androidtv-setup-configuration/connecting-bluetooth-devices-to-my-android-tv-642 for more information. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionWill I be able to use the Spectrum tv app with this system and Amazon Alexa as I do with my TCL with Roku system build in? How is it different than TCL with Roku?
- Answer The Spectrum TV app is not currently an available streaming app on this TCL Android TV. Additionally, our Android TVs do not currently support Alexa voice assistant. However, it has a built-in Google Assistant. The remote even features a Google Assistant button for easy access to voice control. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionCan I use a firestick with this?
- Answer TCL Android TVs have access to thousands of streaming channels, and over 500,000 movies and tv episodes to fulfill almost any streaming need. This TV also includes 3 HDMI ports to connect external devices, such as that of a Firestick. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer The YouTubeTV streaming app is indeed one of the many available streaming apps on this TCL Android TV. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionCan I use my Iphone hotspot as a data source for this tv. That is, will the Iphone wifi hotspot connect to this TV even though it is an adroid system?
- Answer The TV will see your smartphone as a wireless network, and connect to it as you would any other (with your password protection, etc.) Please note that the strength of your cellular connection (LTE, 4G etc.) will impact the streaming performance of any device. Additionally, if you do not have unlimited data, using your phone as a hotspot may incur addition charged through your cellphone provider. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer This TCL Android TV features an Android operating system. If you are wanting Roku on this specific TV, you would need to purchase a separate streaming device. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionI saw someone mention in the reviews that the remote doesn't have a mute button. Is this true?
- Answer The remote itself does not have a button. However, you can use the Google voice assistant button on the remote to ask google to and unmute the TV. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer This TCL TV has a coaxial located on the back of the TV near the other inputs. By connecting an antenna you can receive over-the-air channels. However, the reception depends on the signal strength. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
QuestionWhat universal remote will work this tv and my cable box from crappy company Atlantic Broadband? Thanks, Buck
- Answer Our TVs are compatible with most Universal and cable remotes. Many Universal and cable box remotes can be programmed to control select features on the TV. You can visit https://support.tcl.com/us-remote-codes for more information. If you do not see your specific remote, you would need to contact the remote's manufacturer to obtain the remote code from them. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
Questionthe remote control on this is a piece of junk. NO REWIND FAST FORWARD or PAUSE buttons on remote. What kind of stupid is that? Please let me know if there is a functional tcl remote i can use with this tv. Thanks
- Answer You just use the right and left buttons for FF and Rew. "Ok" is pause. The remote isn't stupid at all :)
QuestionMy internet connection is very sluggish (around 6.1 Mbps), Does this TV have a setting to "permanently" throttle-back the picture quality for lower quality internet speeds to less than a 4K picture?
- Answer This is based off of the content provider and what they want to provide. If you downgrade your streaming subscriptions to a lower tear they will also throttle back the quality level of content. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support
- Answer This TCL Android TV features various inputs that can be used to connect external devices like a cable box. Hope this helps! Thank you, TCL Customer Support