Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $79.99
QuestionWhats the actual range with these ? I am looking for a set that gives me atleast 4 miles withn city concrete walls and traffic and atleast 10 miles of straight Line of sight. Can these do that ?
- Answer I do not think so.. I have used similar radios quite a bit. In some informal range test we are doing well to get a mile and half. In a Suburban areas outside. And maybe 2or 3 floors in a concrete office building.
QuestionWould these be good for car to car talking? And do they have car chargers for them? Thank you
- Answer Although I haven’t used them for that application yet they will be used in the coming year to do just that function. I have read where other users have communicated car following car with these units. As for the charging, it comes with a base that has a cord to plug into a USB port. If you have USB outlets in your car a single radio can charge using the miniUSB port to connect to the USB power source. I have used various sources for the USB connection and been very pleased with the short recharge time required. To use them on the GMRS channels, a FCC License is required. The license application can be done online.
QuestionCan the Roger Beep be turned off? We use these for hunting and find the sound to be distracting.
- Answer yes it can I use mine for hunting also. the instructions state press and hold the volume up arrow while turning the radio on and off, if roger beep is on this will turn it off, if it is off this will turn it on. I've heard hunters coming from 1/2 mile away with that beep. good luck hunting!
QuestionI bought 8 of these in June 2018 from the same store. Two are no longer charging. The red light doesn't even come on when you sit them in the charger. What is the problem?
- Answer If contacting the retailer does not work, contact us (uniden) at 1-800-291-1023 and we can do some troubleshooting and look into warranty options.
- Answer Yes, this can be synced with additional radios. It only needs to match the frequency and channel.
- Answer Depends on the city environment. But I would safely say in a normal city 2-5 miles. But you could get more if there's less obstacles in the way. And less if there's more. If you are going into a highrise environment, I tested at 8 floors and they worked good