Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $329.99
The previous price was $476.99
QuestionHow does this model vent? Out a back vent to the home exterior or is it recirculating from above the range back out into the kitchen?
- Answer This can be vented outside.
- Answer Shermie, this Whirlpool® Microwave has a cooking rack for 2 level cooking.
QuestionAre any of the numbers on the keypad “one touch” buttons? For instance, if I just close the microwave and press the number “1,” will the microwave immediately start heating for one minute? If so, how many of the numbers include this one touch option?
- Answer The numbers are not, but there is a +30 seconds button that will start it cooking right away. I usually just press that twice for one minute cooking.
QuestionIf I currently have a Whirlpool 1.6 cu ft Over the range microwave, can I replace it with a 1.9 cu ft Whirlpool Over the range microwave?
- Answer Check the dimensions on the microwave you currently have compared to the one you want to buy. The inside cubic ft does not necessarily determine the outside size.
Question1. If we put this over our oven and there's no back hole or ventilation, does it have the capability of ventilating itself without one? 2. Does it require any special installation? 3. Does it have a trim kit as part of it?
- Answer Hi Neednewmicrowave, thank you for you inquiry. This model comes from the factory set up for a recirculating installation, but can also easily be converted to an exterior installation.
QuestionDoes this unit use the auto range fan that goes on anytime the stove below is in use? My sister had one like that and it was the most annoying thing I ever experienced, next to shingles!
- Answer Not at all. This is the very best microwave I have ever owned and I have owned many. This is quieter, has more functions, larger, and we love it. I love the Whirlpool microwave and absolutely recommend it highly.
QuestionDoes this microwave have the clean release interior? The one where you can wipe any mess out with a damp cloth?
- Answer Yes, this microwave features the Clean Release interior.
Questionwe changed the time on microwave, now it won't stay displayed. How to set it so will stay on
- Answer Linda, A). Open and close the door so you see the time. B). Press Clock Button, it will tell you to push repeatedly for other options, just push one more time (2 total) and then it will say Clock Energy which your options are to push #1 to Set the clock and #2 for Energy, at this point you want to push #2. C). In order to keep it on all the time push #1 or push #2 so that after it sits for a while and is not being used it will go out to save energy. So you will want to push #1 at that point if you want it to remain on. Then you are all done.
QuestionIt seems like there is excessive steam/moisture produced inside the unit when the cook time is more than a couple of minutes. Is this normal, defective unit, or improper install? The unit vents through our attic to the outside.
- Answer had this installed 2 weeks ago. Tons of steam I’d swirling around inside when cooking a basic frozen entree.....4 minutes and stir and 3 more minutes. I can’t even see the entree while it’s cooking through the door because of how much steam is swirling around inside while it’s running. It doesn’t do this to if less than a minute. Steam is what leaves condensation afterward. Had another whirlpool micro for 15 years and it never did this nor does anyone I know who has a microwave. Called whirlpool and was told this is “normal”. Same answer they gave you about “condensation” . It is not normal! Too much steam causes condensation. Was told to leave door open after I use it! I’m guessing the steam sensor must be on when it shouldn’t be. I’m calling the company I bought it from tomorrow for a service call or exchange or return. New feature,, Cook a stouffer entree and get a steam facial at same time!
- Answer Hi Kelton, cook functions may be entered while the Timer is counting down. We hope this helps!
- Answer Hi Vick, thank you for your inquiry. This model is offered with Incandescent lighting on the interior and the work surface lights. It does require a 40 watt bulb.
QuestionHI! We have a 36inch opening do you have a trim kit for this microwave in black stainless? Or do you have a 36inch black stainless still microwave?
- Answer Hi Karen, thank you for your inquiry. There are filler panel kits available in Black 8171337 and Stainless Steel 8171339. We hope this helps!
QuestionWhat is the depth (front to back) dimension? Q&A shows two answers (15.5 and 17.5). Is it including the handles?
- Answer The depth 15.5 ( front to back ) , when you include the handle, yes it is 17.5 .
QuestionThe user manual lists a cutout depth of 14 inches. Does that mean the cabinets above and around the microwave need to be at least 14 inches deep in order to provide appropriate anchorage for the microwave? Ours are only 12" deep. Will that be deep enough?
- Answer Our cabinets are also 12 inches deep, so the microwave sticks out 4 inches past the cabinet depth. But it worked fine. The screws on the top of the microwave that fit into the bottom of the cabinet above it are about 10.5 to 11 in from the wall so I just had enough room to make it work.
QuestionCan I change directions of this indoor venting? My old unit pushed the indoor air straight up and toward the cabinet above. The condensate caused problems to the spices and cabinet faux laminate. I want to vent indoor, but forward into the room. Possible?
- Answer This unit fan is over cooktop stove. Air captured into a filter. Never had problem with moisture in cabinets above microwave. I don’t know if the fan can go into the room rather than up. You may have to research other brands and models.