Upgrade your sound and style with Samsung Galaxy Buds Live. Designed with the largest Galaxy Buds speaker, improved bass and an open fit, playlists sound more like live music than ever before. When you need to block out background noise for a phone call or important task, initiate Active Noise Cancellation1 with a touch. Buds Live are easy on the eyes, light on the ears and have long-lasting battery life2. **1 Features including Active Noise Canceling are enabled through a Bluetooth connection or the Galaxy Wearable app on Android, available through Google Play Store, and the Galaxy Buds app on iOS devices, available through the App Store. **2 Actual battery life may vary and depend on usage conditions such as function settings, playback file type, and Bluetooth signal strength.
Sound that rocks
The AKG-tuned 12mm speaker and enhanced bass tone play everything in studio-quality sound. An open design creates a live listening environment, suiting those who prefer a natural, spacious sound.
New style. New sound.
Equal parts earbuds and ear bling, Galaxy Buds Live come in three colors you’ll want to rock all day.
Turn down distractions
Turn on Active Noise Cancellation* to block out background noise on an airplane, train or bus. Tap again to let in surrounding live sounds—colleagues’ voices, flight announcements, street traffic—while still enjoying your favorite playlist or podcast.
Long-lasting battery life with a case that doubles as a wireless charger.
Use your always-on voice assistant to order coffee, send a message or search music hands free.
* Features including Active Noise Canceling are enabled through Bluetooth connection or the Galaxy Wearable app on Android, available through Google Play Store, and the Galaxy Buds app on iOS devices, available through the App Store.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live True Wireless Earbud Headphones
The growing "True Wireless Earbuds" portion of audio tech has really interested me in the last few years. Samsung has really made a name for itself with their "Galaxy Buds" line lately and I was very intrigued by the new bean design of the Galaxy Buds Live. So far my time with them have proved that they are a risk worth taking!
ONBOXING & FIT:
- My first impression upon opening these was how small the case is. I really couldn't believe just how nice and sleek it is, the rounded square shape just makes is ideal to easily bring with you everywhere!
- I also think Samsung did a nice job making the hinge on the case feel sturdy and not cheap, its a minor upgrade but nice.
- I do also once again love the USB-C and Wireless charging for the case.
- The earbuds themselves of course look like beans! They really are small and have a premium look to them with the shape, build, and placement of the speakers and microphones.
- The fit was the biggest adjustment for me because they feel like they aren't even there! Seriously the bean shape just makes them rest in your ear but yet they are secure and do not fall out. It's a weird feeling not actively knowing you are wearing earbuds but its something that I personally grew to love.
- I did worry that these would fall out easily when working out or going on runs/walks. However I did a few workouts with these and had no issues at all! I can't say whether that will remain consistent but so far so good.
- On that, these are meant to be comfy for long wearing and I could not agree more on this concept. I don't feel the need to take them off because of fatigue like in earbuds or over the ear headphones. And maybe that's just me, but I do really think the open air concept of these make them much more comfortable than normal earbuds.
- Its important for a buyer to understand that these are not your typical noise cancelling earbuds. Typical noise cancelling earbuds go all the way into your ear creating a tight seal that helps the noise cancelling tech on them. The Buds Live are an "open air" earbud which means they don't actual go into your ear to create a seal.
- The lack of the seal means you will still hear what's going on around you like a person talking but the Noise Cancelling tech drowns out some of the white noise like the sound of a humming AC unit. Of course when you turn up the music most everything is drowned out, but its just a different experience.
- That being said, the audio quality is exceptional! The vocals are clear and crisp, the bass is impactful, and the sound is powerful. I really enjoy listening to music on these or just about anything that requires audio!
- Taking Calls on the Buds Live are by far my favorite phone call experience out of any headphones I have ever used! Because there isn't a seal, it makes the phone call feel so much more natural because you can hear the person you are talking to while also hearing the volume of your voice while talking. Along with that, the audio is crisp and the people I have talked to say I sound great.
BUDS LIVE VS BUDS+
- As pictured in my review, the Buds Live and Buds+ are very similar in their size and style. Both have a small footprint, both have a nice high quality look and feel, both have touch controls, and both have the charging lights.
- With audio, the Buds Live have the open air with noise cancelling design while the Buds+ have a closed seal but no noise cancelling.
- With Battery, the Buds+ offer about 5 more hours of use per charge then the Buds Live offer but both offer about the same amount of total battery life with the charging case at around 22 hours. (Samsung says you can get 29 hours of battery in the Buds Live but that is without any Noise Cancelling which I don't think anyone plans on doing).
- At the end of the day, both are great wireless earbuds no doubt! In my opinion, I think the Buds+ are meant for people who are more active, away from home, and need something that are long lasting and durable. The Buds Live are for those who value better audio/call quality but still want to be able to hear things around you while commuting or around other people.
- Samsung took a leap with The Galaxy Buds Live, and they truly are a unique audio experience. The sound quality is exceptional, calls are so easy to take, and they are so comfortable you will not mind wearing them for 6 hours at a time because you will barely know they are there. However, for those of you who value a closed off no sound feeling with your headphones, these are not going to be for you. That being said, I was worried about the Buds Live not being sealed off and after a few days with these - Samsung has made me a believer in these earbuds and the Buds Live are my new daily drivers!
Work great. The battery lasts long for me. I love how fast it connects to my devices and that you can connect to multiples devices at a time. Aldo they don't fall out my ears when I'm working out so great product. And you can buy cases for them so they don't scratch or anything
The analysis of all aggregated expert reviews shows that the reviewers are positive about soundstage, size, price and bass quality. Editors are less positive about noise isolation and durability. Using an algorithm based on product age, reviewers ratings history, popularity, product category expertise and other factors, this product gets an alaTest Expert Rating of 90/100 = Excellent quality.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Review: The Beans Got BeatsSamsung is no stranger when it comes to making true wireless earbuds, having released its first pair—the original Gear IconX—back in 2016 (nearly six months before AirPods were even a thing). But with the new $170 Galaxy Buds Live, Samsung decided
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live review: Unique design, poor executionSamsung's latest true wireless earbuds have a unique “open type” design that will keep you from cramming them in your ears. While that does make them a bit more comfortable, you do have to sacrifice sound quality and the effectiveness of ANC
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live review: Bold beans battle the AirPodsSamsung refuses to be in Apple's shadow, and pushes the envelope with its new noise-cancelling earbuds. This is our Samsung Galaxy Buds Live review.
A:AnswerI have smaller ears and as long as there is enough cushion in the pillow i am laying on and I have the earbuds sitting perfectly in my ear then all I get is a slight pressure against my ear but nothing crazy, whereas with my Samsung Buds plus i could never lay on them.
A:AnswerHello LosingLena, thanks for reaching out! These earbuds are compatible with iPhone 7 ↑, iOS 10 ↑. You can connect them to your phone, tablet, watch, TV, and more to stream music, control calls, and enjoy uninterrupted sound when going for a run. ^Elizabeth
A:AnswerThe earbuds themselves provide around 8 hours of listening to music/videos, 6 hours of listening to music/video with noise cancelling, and 5.5 hours when using them for a voice call. The case holds roughly three extra charges of the earbuds.