Ratings & Reviews
- Over 20 minutes of deleted scenes, including End of the Road and alternate ending too terrigying for theaters!
- Road Kill - The ultimate car crash: Behind the scenes of the amazing, hard-hitting car stunts
- Fuel Your Fear: the making of The Hitcher
- And more!
A lonely stretch of highway leads to a date with terror in this thriller. Jim Halsey (Zachary Knighton) and Grace Andrews (Sophia Bush) are a young couple in the midst of a long-distance road trip when, during a rainstorm, they take pity on a hitchhiker, John Ryder) (Sean Bean), and give him a lift. Jim and Grace soon come to regret their benevolence when Ryder reveals himself as a violent madman determined to see them dead. Luck is with Jim and Grace, and they're able to throw off Ryder and get back on the road, but as it happens their troubles are just beginning. Ryder has already killed a handful of people and is planting evidence that suggests Jim and Grace are the murderers; now the couple is on the run from the law as they search for Ryder in a bid to clears their names. The Hitcher is a remake of the 1986 cult horror classic of the same name; the new version was produced by Michael Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad Fuller, who previously produced remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Amityville Horror. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Sean Bean - John Ryder
- Sophia Bush - Grace Andrews
- Zachary Knighton - Jim Halsey
- Neal McDonough - Lieutenant Esteridge
- Kyle Davis - Buford's Store Clerk