Ratings & Reviews
- Discs 1& 2:
- Discs 3&4:
- Discs 4&5 the appendices part 12: here at journey's end
- Extended edition-parts 1&2
- The appendices Part 11: the gathering storm the chronicles of the hobbit - part 3
- The filmmaker's commentary includes New Zealand: home of middle earth - part 3
- learn what it was really like to be on set with stories form cast and crew as they share their most essential, memorable and entertaining moments from production, and see stunts and effects in action as they're filmed.
- plan alongside the filmmakers as they create one of the most complex cinematic battles ever filmed. watch how makeup, hair, prosthetics, costumes and weapons come together to form new characters, and explore key realms. then join the filmmakers as they bid an emotional farewell to middle-earth.
Peter Jackson takes cues from the appendices of The Lord of the Rings to expand New Line Cinema's Hobbit adaptation with this third film completing the epic tale of Bilbo Baggins, as played by Martin Freeman. The story opens to find the vengeful dragon Smaug (voice of Benedict Cumberbatch) decimating the peaceful hamlet of Laketown as Bilbo, Thorin (Richard Armitage) and the rest of the dwarves lay claim to the Lonely Mountain. But their celebration is short-lived as Thorin grows obsessed with finding the Arkenstone. Meanwhile, Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) Elrond (Hugo Weaving) and Saruman (Christopher Lee) battle the Nazgul in an attempt to free Gandalf (Ian McKellen), and get some unexpected help from eccentric wizard Radagast (Sylvester McCoy). Unfortunately for all involved the struggle has only just begun, because as armies of dwarves, elves, orcs, humans and goblins converge at the base of the Lonely Mountain, the fight for the future of Middle Earth begins. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Martin Freeman - Bilbo Baggins
- Ian McKellen - Gandalf
- Richard Armitage - Thorin Oakenshield
- Elijah Wood - Frodo Baggins
- Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins (old)