Ratings & Reviews
- The Hundred-Foot Journey with Steven Spielberg & Oprah Winfrey-the producers sit down to discuss their first collaboration in 30 years.
- The Recipe, The Ingredients, The Journey-enter the enchanting world of the film, with stunning locations, a beautifully crafted story, and food that will make you hungry for home and the spice of life.
- On set with Oprah Winfrey
- Coconut Chicken-see how this beautiful, Indian-inspired dish is made.
An Indian teen in France goes to work for his father's culinary adversary in this drama based on the bestselling novel by Richard C. Morais. Put young Hassan Kadam (Manish Dayal) in a kitchen, and he's bound to emerge with a dish that will dazzle. When Hassan's family is forced to move from their native India, his Papa (Om Puri) relocates to a peaceful hamlet in Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val in the south of France. Determined to give his new neighbors a little taste of home, Papa decides to open an Indian restaurant in the village, and names it Maison Mumbai. Meanwhile, across the street at the traditional French restaurant Le Saule Pleureu, uptight proprietor Madame Mallory (Helen Mirren) doesn't exactly welcome the competition. When Madame Mallory ignites a bitter feud that quickly escalates, the only hope for a peaceful resolution lies in Hassan's talent for French haute cuisine, and his growing affections for Mme. Mallory's pretty young sous chef Marguerite (Charlotte Le Bon). Subsequently impressed by Hassan's undeniable culinary talents, Mme. Mallory agrees to become Hassan's mentor, in the process providing the perfect creative environment where his unique fusion cuisine can thrive. Lasse Hallström directs a film produced by Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey, and Juliet Blake. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Helen Mirren - Madame Mallory
- Manish Dayal - Hassan Kadam
- Om Puri - Papa
- Charlotte Le Bon - Marguerite
- Amit Shah - Mansur