On the plus side, this unit looks good, and the ceramic surface is super non-sticky. It's submersible, making cleaning easier. On the minus side are some significant issues.
- The surface heats unevenly. The left side, away from the control, is the hottest.
- The cord comes out of the control (which plugs into the unit on the right side) toward the back. My nearest outlet is on the right side. The cord bends awkwardly to get to my outlet. I wish the cord came straight out of the control.
- The temperature control does not seem to work properly. The manual recommends 400 degrees for pancakes; at that setting, my very first batch of pancakes charred almost instantly, and my nylon spatula melted. Trial and error suggests a setting of between 200 and 250 works.
- The ceramic surface is so slippery grease just beads up when it melts. It does not spread out and cover the surface so foods can actually get a little fried. There's not much point in greasing the surface (which the manual recommends) if the fat only collects into scattered drops.
- The upturned edge of the surface is too low. If your spatula pushes your food when you're trying to flip it, which could happen with a blunt-edged tool, you can easily end up pushing it right off the griddle. The edge could be higher to help keep food in.