Canon - imageCLASS LBP162dw Wireless Black-and-White Laser Printer - Black
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
Prints up to 30 ppm* in black
Produces documents quickly.
Be sure you have the right cartridge
Enter your printer's model number into Ink and Toner Finder to find compatible cartridges.Get started ›
Ideal for high-volume printing
This laser printer handles large volumes quickly. Toner (powder) is used instead of ink, so you get smudge-free images and text.
Wireless and mobile printing capability
Connect this printer to your home or office network with built-in Ethernet or wireless LAN. Plus, print from your mobile device with free Canon PRINT Business app or Apple® AirPrint.
Apple® AirPrint enabled
Provides Apple iPad® and iPhone® printing.
600 dpi (dots per inch) for good print quality
Features sufficient resolution for producing quality documents and photos.
Standard paper handling
250-sheet input and 50-sheet output capacity.
Five-line LCD screen
Easily input commands for printing, copying and scanning directly from the printer.
One USB port for simple connectivity
The USB 2.0 port offers a standard connection to your PC or a simple way to plug in and print with a USB drive, camera or other device.
Built-in duplex printing
Print on both sides of the page without turning it over manually to minimize your printing costs and help the environment.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, iPad and Apple AirPrint are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Requires a high-speed Internet connection.
* Print speeds vary with use. See manufacturer for the information on print speeds.
- Canon imageCLASS LBP162dw Wireless Black-and-White Printer
- Starter toner 051
- Drum cartridge 051
- Power cord
- User software DVD-ROM
- Starter guide
- Warranty card
- Mobile Device PrintingYes
- NetworkingWired, Wireless
- ENERGY STAR CertifiedYes
- Printer TypePrinter
- Product NameimageCLASS LBP162dw Wireless Black-and-White Laser Printer
- Display ScreenYes
- Display Screen Size0 inches
- Model NumberLBP162DW
- Color CategoryBlack
- Printer ConnectivityApple AirPrint, Canon PRINT Business, Ethernet, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Print Service, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
- Product Height9 inches
- Product Width14.9 inches
- Product Weight15.4 pounds
- Automatic Document FeederNo
- Photo PrintingNo
- Touch ScreenNo
- Automatic Two-Sided PrintingYes
Regulatory & Listing
- EPEAT QualifiedYes
- EPEAT LevelSilver
- Compatible CartridgesCanon 051, Canon 051 H
- Number of Black Cartridges Included1
- Number of Color Cartridges Included0
- Number Of Cartridges Required1
- Internal MemoryYes
- Maximum Document Length14 inches
- Maximum Document Width8.5 inches
- Supported Paper SizesLetter, Legal, Statement, Executive Custom (Min. 4.1" x 5.8" to Max. 8.5" x 14")
- Tray Capacity250
- Media Weight (Minimum)60 grams per square meter
- Media Weight (Maximum)163 grams per square meter
- Printer Resolution (Black)Up to 600 x 600
- Output Tray Capacity50
- Recommended Monthly Volume250 - 2500 pages
- First Page Out Time6 seconds
- Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts1 Year
- Manufacturer's Warranty - Labor1 Year
Rating 4.3 out of 5 stars with 4 reviews(4 Reviews)
FeaturesEase of Use5 out of 5Quality5 out of 5
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Great quality from compact laser printer.Posted .Owned for 1 month when reviewed.
The LBP162dw delivers great laser-quality printouts, and it even does duplex. It has a quick first page print time. And it is compact enough to fit in a cabinet; no flipping the front part up-and-down like in those ultra-compact units. Initial setup was easy. I haven't had to change toner yet, but since it has delivered on what I hoped from it, so far, I gotta give it full marks.
FeaturesEase of Use5 out of 5Quality5 out of 5I would recommend this to a friend
FeaturesEase of Use5 out of 5Quality5 out of 5Value5 out of 5
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Nice Laser PrinterPosted .Owned for 3 weeks when reviewed.
I was in need of a laser print since I work from home due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. I am satisfied with my purchase of the Canon Image Class Laser Printer. I was able to connect the printer to my Dell Laptop Computer using the Wi-fi feature with ease. The copies are excellent, and they are double sided to save more copy paper.
FeaturesEase of Use5 out of 5Quality5 out of 5Value5 out of 5I would recommend this to a friend
FeaturesEase of Use5 out of 5Quality5 out of 5Value4 out of 5
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Love this printerPosted .
Great printer, easy to use and set up. I like that it prints front and back
FeaturesEase of Use5 out of 5Quality5 out of 5Value4 out of 5I would recommend this to a friend
FeaturesEase of Use1 out of 5Quality3 out of 5Value1 out of 5
Rated 2 out of 5 stars
Hard to set up. Not worth it.Posted .Owned for 2 weeks when reviewed.
This was unusually hard to set up on my mac. I like the wireless aspect but This product needs better instructions on how to set up the printer. Sometimes it prints. Sometimes it doesn’t. Just a hassle.
FeaturesEase of Use1 out of 5Quality3 out of 5Value1 out of 5No, I would not recommend this to a friend
Asked by KELLYE.
- A:Answer Rounding up to nearest quarter inch, you can call the printer itself 15.75" deep. (Closer to 15 ⅝", really). BUT.... BUT...: The the straight-out style power cord juts out the back enough to where a reasonable bend in the cord requires an extra inch or two more of installation space. To be sure, that extra needed amount was more than enough to prevent installation in my cabinet which is 16" deep exactly. I solved this by getting a 6' "left angle" power cord by Tripp-Lite. Am happy with the overall installation; it sits out of sight behind a cabinet door most of the time, and provides quick time-to-first-page printouts when I need it. Of interest to Mac users: On my Mac, the first time I accidentally let the setup use the default "AirPrint" driver, and I got sub-prime looking printouts. I did a re-setup specifying Canon's driver and now it gives real laser-quality output.
Answered by RabbitWrangler