Bought as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Right out if the box noticed the left soeaker was not connected to the hinge well and had to lift it in place to latch it closed. Connected everything according to the adequate directions. Put a 33 rom album on with switch in correct position and voices sounded like chipmunks because it was turning too fast. Tried adjusting switch, it turned faster like it supposed to but never got to 33. Tried a 45 rom with same results, no matter where the switch was it wasn't right. I checked the incoming voltage from the power supply. It was 12.16 volts, not enough to account for the roughly 20% offset in speed no matter what position the switch was In. Looked online for solutions. One site said to adjust a variable resistor on a circuit board. This meant opening the unit and probably voiding the warranty. I didn't want to disappoint my daughter with the biggest gift she got. I consider myself very mechanically and electrically inclined, so I took the unit apart and adjusted the resistor with no change in speed. Upon looking at all the components inside, I noticed adjustment screws on the motor. I tried adjusting them to no avail. In moving the Parts around, the belt slipped off. I replaced the belt(not easy) and tried the player again. It worked correctly at all speeds. My guess is the belt was not placed on the motor mandrel correctly at the factory. In all, took over an hour to finally get it to work. I would not suggest all these actions to the average purchaser.