How much content can you hold with your fingertips? With the Crucial® X6 Portable SSD, the answer is: A lot! Whether you’re downloading videos for off-line travel, organizing family photos, collaborating with classmates, or heading off on a great adventure, the Crucial X6 features up to 4TB of portable storage capacity and is ready to go wherever you do.
Up to 800MB/s
The SSD that takes you where HDD can’t.
With speeds up to 5.6x faster than most traditional HDDs, the 4TB Crucial X6 lets you load and transfer files fast and get back to your day. Say goodbye to slow, fragile hard drives and lengthy load times forever.
Take your digital life with you. Massive photo libraries, files, games, and movie collections can now all fit in your pocket. At under 41 grams, the Crucial X6 weighs less than your car keys.
Reliability and durability are Crucial.
The Crucial X6 is tested to withstand a 6.5-foot drop, and is shock, vibration, and extreme temperature resistant — safeguarding your important files wherever you go.
Ready for anything
The X6 portable SSD is the storage device that works with most everything: PC, Mac, PS4™, Xbox One, Android devices, and more. Crucial X6 SE is USB-C ready and also includes a USB-A adapter inside the box for older computers and consoles.
Crucial X6 4TB Portable SSD
9.5'/24cm High performance USB-C to USB-C cable
USB-C to USB-A adadpter
Quick start guide
Hard Drive Capacity
Storage Drive Type
Maximum Data Transfer Rate
800 megabytes per second
X6 SE 4TB External USB-C/USB-A Portable Solid State Drive
- first impressions this SSD is tiny! pretty light as well comparing to my older external HDD, the device could fit on your palm, that’s how tiny these crucial SSD. the box comes with one short USB-C to USB-C
- this external is so compact that you can take it anywhere, it’s small enough to put it inside your pocket
- I have the 4TB version for the price for $489 I think the price is worth specially it’s 4TB, I have seen other SSD that cost way more than what crucial offer
- when it comes to the speed testing crucial also mention that these SSD has USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gb) that it can go up 800 MB of speed. they also provided us a results pictures and from what my experience it pretty much mostly identical to what it was being advertised.
- i’m mainly a console player. since it came with USB-C to USB-C I was able to use the cord and this external drive for my PS5 to transfer games, having all these 4TB of space is awesome, makes me feel like I have unlimited space and I doubt I would even have to worry about it running out space
- if you’re planning on using this for Xbox you sure will need to buy a new cord that can deliver high performance with data transfer.
- transfer Data from Console made a huge difference from me after coming form standard HDD most games I have almost transfer for 10min, crazy fast.
- just couldn’t believe how technology have changed its so compact and just seeing how it performs for this little tiny device impressed me in such a big way. never had external SSD, i’ve always wanted one, after having the chance to test it crucial did not disappoint
- the only negative thing I have with this external SSD that I wish the cord was USB-C to USB-A , you would need to buy a different cord or an adaptor just to use it for Xbox or if your PC doesn’t have USB-C it another spending you’ll need to do.
just a great tiny device, it looks cool it’s not big like other external drives, price seems worth it for how much space and speed it offers if 4TB is a little too over kill Crucial also offer 1TB and 2TB version.
I would recommend this to a friend
Rating 5 out of 5 stars with 1 review
Tiny portable 4TB solid state drive
I'm always looking for portable storage, whether I want to take it on the go with me or put it in a safe place in case of hard drive failure, emergencies, etc. This Crucial X6 4TB external drive is perfect for all of those situations.
When I say tiny, I mean it. It's about 2 1/2 inches square and only about a quarter-inch thick. It comes with a USB-C cable, so you have to have that type of connector to use it (generally on newer computers and devices). If you want to use it with legacy devices (with typical USB ports), Crucial makes an adapter you can order for about $10.
Transfer speeds are quick, but vary, depending on what type of device you're transferring from. I've got standard hard drives and SSDs, both internal and external to transfer data from. Obviously going from a SSD to the Crucial drive is the quickest.
Once data is on the Crucial drive, reading from it and using the data is extremely fast. Documents open practically instantaneously, with any delays usually caused by the program, not the drive. Videos and music play smoothly.
The drive will work with Windows, macOS and Android.