I have never had so much difficulty in buying an alarm clock in my life. I did not think it was going to be this stressful with all the new tech. on everything now with bluetooth, NFC, Aux. inputs and wireless charging.
I have been looking for a new "Alarm clock" for a few weeks now. I got a Best Buy gift card for my Birthday and I really did not need anything until now because my old alarm clock just quit working with no sound out of it.
So, I check out Best Buy and looked at the "small" selection of alarm clocks available for purchase in the store. This one caught my eye BECAUSE of the wireless charging pad on the top of the unit. That was the one thing that I thought I needed at first.
Now onto my review:
1. The display is huge on this so there is no way I could not see it from my bed.
2. I love the controls, separate volume for the sleep function, separate volume for the power on and for the alarms!
3. The charging pad works just fantastic with my Galaxy 8 Plus with the case on it. I have yet to have any troubles with it charging.
4. NFC pairing is easy BUT you need to do it everytime before you put it on the charging pad before going to bed.
5. Bluetooth pairing is easy as well.
6. The compact design is great and fits well with my head board setup.
7. Volume is good enough and loud enough even for me. (i need it loud to wake up) (tones aside from my phone)
8. Playing music, radio stations from your phone (Iheart radio, spotifiy) is quite simple and works well.
9. The sleep feature is wonderful and works very well.
10. The fact that the buttons light up is a big plus and it has a dimmer feature which is nice.
1. The only thing I really wanted from this was to be able to use my phone for the alarms not the tones provided with the unit. Sadly, I did testing and out of the 10 times I set my alarm correctly to use the phone for an alarm, 5 out of the ten times it worked. Not good enough for me. The tones are to low and did not wake me up.
I have a ringtone that's a army trumpet sound and it is very effective at waking me up from a dead sleep. The 5 times it did work, its very loud and would wake me up.
I was hoping for nothing but good from this and it fails sadly in the most important part of it.
2. Sound is okay nothing ground breaking here. It breaks up a bit at the top end of the volume.
3. Price is just a bit to high for this as well.
In short of it, as a bluetooth speaker its an average sounding speaker with a lot of extras thrown in. I just wish that the bluetooth was more reliable, with that I will be returning it unless anyone has a solution to my problem... :/