Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $449.99
The regular price is $699.00
- Answer No fingerprint reader on this version. Yes, it is the 2021 EVO 11th gen i5 but this particular model (CP713-3W-5102) does not have the scanner. See photos attached, and link to the product page on acer's website: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.AHAAA.001 And if you need more convincing, check out all of the photos from the reviewers... no fingerprint scanner
QuestionAre you ABSOLUTELY sure that this DOES NOT have USI stylus support? That doesn't make sense considering that last year's Spin 713 model supports it. If it really doesn't, why was this removed?
- Answer I can confirm this does support USI stylus. However the version for sale at Best Buy does not have a fingerprint scanner.
- Answer It has been released and you can buy now but I can't review the unit I purchased?? A bunch of reviews from people who got the device free but wouldn't they want real reviews from those that paid?? Maybe this answer will be deleted but I will put a little review here. There is an Asus model coming out with similar specs but only full hd panel and no touch screen that is similar. Otherwise there is no competition. Acer basically released an almost identical unit from last year. Intel 11th gen i5 is a game changer in Chromebooks because of the much better integrated graphics. Now you can play Android games with no lag or obvious frame rate drops. If you liked last years unit then this one has all the same strengths and weaknesses but has more storage, is faster, slightly louder. I have been using many types of computers from Android tablets to Linux OS and windows to Mac/ios for about 20 years now and I am starting to like Chrome OS a lot more than in past. It can replace a Mac or Windows pc depending what you do with it. For my work flow this device is easier and faster to use in most cases than my Macbook pro M1. While I love MacOS as the most beautiful OS it actually lacks the touch feature that both Chrome OS and Windows has. So in some cases it is easier to use than a Mac. It is way easier to use and maintain than Windows and this device will be supported until 2029.
QuestionWhat is the Processor Speed?
- Answer Hello Drew. Thank you for your question. This laptop comes with an 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (Intel® Evo™ Platform) which has a base frequency speed of 2.40 GHz and a maximum turbo frequency of 4.20 GHz. All Intel® Evo™ platform-based laptops such this one, are designed to deliver the remarkable responsiveness, battery life, connectivity, audio, displays, and thin and light designs you need to move freely and stay productive wherever you are. Thank you for choosing Intel!
QuestionAre the speakers on this version loud enough and do they sound good enough to listen to music and watch Netflix without headphones?
- Answer No Quality of Speakers and maybe to some extent battery life is the only Achilles Heel of this machine !
- Answer There is a fan and it is audible if there is no background noise. Mine is almost grindy but again its quiet enough you can't hear it in the presence of any background noise. My air conditioning drowns it out easily. On a side note best buy already has stopped accepting reviews on this chromebook. Looks like they got their tech insider reviews and don't want anyone to talk about any shortcomings. If you try to write one it gives you this: "Thanks for your interest in leaving a review! Sorry, but we’re no longer accepting reviews for this product." So on that note I'll comment on it here and everywhere else if they try to censor this reply :) pros: thunderbolt4 when basically all other Chromebooks don't support thunderbolt at all good ram and nice cpu. (much faster than what you'll get out of a cheaper model) 3:2 screen ratio is nice on a screen this size touchscreen is as responsive as any good tablet cons: previously mentioned fan noise in a quiet environment. (not sure yet if it's just mine) touchpad is good for clicking and somewhat for scrolling but zoom in/out sucks so get an external mouse for when you use it in laptop mode
- Answer If it follows the CP514-1W... probably June 2029 google hasn't listed this model yet but it's expected to be released (june 2021) before the CP514-1W (Aug 2021) which google does have listed. unfortunately they haven't published the AUE for this one yet so only time will tell for sure.
- Answer System memory for Chromebooks is not upgradeable.
QuestionFrom the pictures, it looks like both Thunderbolt ports are on the same side - if so, this is *almost* a deal-breaker. Can someone confirm?
- Answer Yes, C port is absent from the right side. I concur in dismay. All other prior makes and models with the same flaw have been criticized widely making it difficult to understand why it was done.
- Answer I *think* the eMMC is slower and offers less storage capabilities than an SSD (emphasis on the word "think" as I'm certainly not a tech pro)
- Answer Yes, here is an article on how to do this: https://chromeunboxed.com/how-to-disable-your-chromebook-touchscreen-or-touchpad. If you need help with this please feel free to contact Acer support at 866-695-2237.
QuestionWhat is the brightnes of the laptop and can I upgrade the space or not And finally. can this laptop good for games like fifa 21 and ea sports games
- Answer The LCD is 350 NIT. Internal storage is not upgradeable but you can use external USB storage options. Chromebooks run off of apps like an Android phone or tablet; if the game is available on Chrome Web store or Google Play Store, then it should if your Chromebook meets the hardware requirements of the game.
QuestionCan I use Adobe Spark/creative Suite on this laptop. I’m a novice so, my work is not super detailed
- Answer Chromebooks use apps like an Android phone or tablet. If any software you want to use is available on Google Play Store or Chrome Web store, it should work fine.
- Answer This Chromebook has two Thunderbolt 4 ports, and one HDMI port for external monitors.
- Answer it is available