Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $749.00
The previous price was $799.00
- Answer It would be nice if BestBuy did this and only allowed you to buy one..Per address/credit card/Bestbuy account
QuestionCan this website get fixed can’t pickup or mail when trying to buy this for the 5 th time now
- Answer No. bestbutt is unwilling to change to accommodate its customer's needs because it makes too much money selling products to scalpers. all it would take is a simple captcha at checkout or a limit on purchase orders. we've been waiting months for new pc parts and they don't seem to care. neither do the manufacturers since they are just at fault here. the whole system is rigged so that these companies meet their bottom lines while their customers get shafted.
- Answer when there will be more bots to buy this and people willing to pay 1400usd for a cpu at 800usd
QuestionWill this help me be better at Call of Duty, VALORANT, CS:GO, or PUBG? I need to get better and was thinking this might help me do that.
- Answer No, that will be mostly based on you just getting better. if the reason you are not that good is because of low framerates, then yes, this could possibly help you out.
QuestionShould I get This Or The 5900x?
- Answer This is a very difficult question to answer. It isn't as simple as just saying. Yes or No. It really depends on the end-user. First and foremost should be budget. The 5950X is about $200 dollars more than the 5900X. Are 4 cores and a bit more clock really worth 200 dollars to you? The second point when asking a very broad question like if you should get this is if it meets your needs. There is ALOT of tech videos online that cover the details of both the 5950x and the 5900x head to head and in the end. Performance per dollar the 5900x really wins out when it comes to gaming. However, if you are a dev or engineer. Hands down the 4 extra cores and the Gen4 support of an X570 board with the 5950x is gonna be the winner just coming in under the threadripper series. I would say the other thing you should consider is the rest of your hardware. If you're rocking out a 5950x in a compact computer with poor cooling and trying to use the 5950x with an air cooler. You're going to end up just hurting yourself in the long run. This may be an unpopular opinion, however, if you're going to blow 749/799 on this core. Make sure the other parts of your pc can keep up. Such as a stout 240+ AIO or a water-cooled system. My personal opinion is if you're just looking at this for gaming. Go with the 5900x and use the extra 200 dollars and try to get a bit better GPU if you can find one at a reasonable price. (good luck). If you're purely trying to show off to your friends, be king of the office nerds, or just want to sit at the pinnacle of having the best hardware to play an easy to run game like Fortnite on 1080p. Then go for the 5950x. I bought the 5950x recently for the reason of always wanting to try and keep on the edge of running everything at ultra 4k and multi-tasking. I absolutely love it and the gen4 speeds are nice for my nvme drives. I also want to ensure my continuous flex on my co-workers as having to the best pc in the office. My current specs: Corsair 1000D Super Tower 64G 3200MHz DDR4 Corsair Vengence pro RGB. 5950X 16Core CPU EVGA RTX 2080TI 12 TB SSD Storage Corsair H150I 360MM AIO MSI X570 MEG ACE Mobo 1000W Platinum EVGA Power supply Good luck with your choice and let us know what you end up picking :)
I would recommend:
QuestionI have a Asus Prime B450M-A. Would this processor work with that motherboard? I know very little about PC building, but I want to upgrade my current one.
- Answer Per the compatible CPU support list on ASUS' website below, it is compatible, but will require BIOS version 2409 or later to be compatible https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-B450M-A/HelpDesk_CPU/
QuestionIt says it supports 3200 mbs ram, if I have higher mbs ram (3600+) will the cpu be a bottleneck?
- Answer No, just enable the AMD D.C.O.P and set the overclock to automatic. You should be able to use 3600. The main limiting factor will be what your motherboard supports, check what frequency it supports up to.
QuestionWhy don't you allow customers to pre-purchase this and fulfill orders in the sequential order they were placed in? Allowing it to be first come first serve encourages bots to purchase these ahead of regular customers and gouge the average consumer for $
- Answer Best Buy has the most reliable way to place and order I have seen so far. What’s to stop someone from making new accounts and just getting in line ahead of you? There is no easy solution to a supply and demand problem.
- Answer I'd check out a website called "PC Part Picker" to determine what motherboard's compatible w all the parts you're using, including this CPU. On the site, u can place all the parts in ur build and it'll tell u what pieces are compatible with it, how much the wattage is, where to buy, etc. B) cheers mate
QuestionWhy, when I have this item in my cart and am all the way through, payment, shipping, and confirmation, does it suddenly say the item is not available? Why would the item not be reserved for at least a minute? This has been an awful customer experience.
- Answer Scalpers use robots that are able to fill in address, credit card, etc. in under 3 seconds. That's why.