Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes. You can also turn invisible, jump higher and run faster. You should buy them
QuestionWhat is the impedance in these headphones? Also, why are no serious specifications even listed for those of us, for the same money, could potentially buy infinitely better headphones sound quality-wise.
- Answer Not sure on impedance but rtings.com did a pretty good review of them going over sound signature with graphs/charts if you are into that sorta thing. https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/apple/airpods-max-wireless As far as the serious specifications goes... that is how Apple has decided to release/market these headphones. I don't think these are anywhere near targeted toward an audiophile who is looking for top-tier listening headphones. These are for Apple ecosystem users who have the money to spend on a premium product that is a step up from AirPods Pro. Now when I say premium I don't mean audio quality vs wired headphones but in their class (ANC, wireless, etc) they are really good. If you compare then against other wireless ANC headphones they will win most fights from sound quality, ANC, ease of use (if you're into the whole Apple ecosystem), swapping between devices seamlessly, etc. Their build quality (aside from the case, yikes) is leagues ahead of another competing ANC wireless headphones as aluminum and stainless steel aren't cheap materials and the machining is top notch. It's one of those, you're buying it for the whole package and the name kinda gigs. If you're questioning yourself as to "why would I buy it when I can get better stuff" then you probably aren't the target audience for it. I know that sounds weird to say but it's the same reason someone will spend extra on a high-end item like nice shoes, a purse, a watch, etc. They're buying it for the whole package and are willing to spend the extra money. Casio and Rolex both tell the time but the Casio will set you back $20, the Rolex $5,400. I'm not saying its right or wrong that's just how it is - Apple is a luxury brand and that's how they have placed themselves in the market.
- Answer No. Apple forces all third-party retailers to sell Apple Care protection plans only. Third-party stores cannot offer their own protection plans for any Apple products.
- Answer Yes, but you need to order a separate lightning to 35mm cord that does not come with it. #35.
QuestionHas anyone noticed built up condensation in their headphones? I hear reports of people only using them for an hour inside their house and there’s water behind ear cups.
- Answer I have not experienced any moisture build up behind the "cushions" after a month+ of use.
- Answer The Airpods Max have a microphone, and it is quite good. A bit better than standard Apple headphones, or even the microphone on the Airpods Pro.
QuestionWhy are these headphones so expensive? I am surprised that Apple made a profit this year with pricing this low. You must stop giving your products away.
- Answer I can only speculate on the cost of the Airpods Max. Part of me thinks it is typical Apple product pricing. But then I compared the Airpods Max to the following headphones: Bose 700, Sony XM4, Sennheiser Momentum 3's. I initially returned the Airpods Max because they cost the most. However I soon realized I missed the sound quality and I purchased Airpods Max again. I am happy. I have since returned the aforementioned headphones. I believe the speaker drivers and internal components and sound quality justify the price for me.
QuestionI'm a petite woman, and I'm a bit worried that what makes these comfortable for other people (less tight, bigger) will make them fall off my head or make me look absurd. Does anyone know whether these are really 'one size fits all'?
- Answer Yes to me they seem to fit very well and I’m 4”11
QuestionQuestion, does the Airpod Max have audio bleed? Can people around me hear what I'm listening to? I usually like loud music, to an extent and don't want to bother others with my music.
- Answer Very little if any at all. My wife and I both have a pair, and neither of us can hear what the other is listening to when one of us has them on.
QuestionSpotify has announced their intention of releasing high resolution music. High resolution music requires an external DAC which means AirPods Max will be unable to be used to listen to this higher quality music. Is there a solution for this?
- Answer This is a lie! You can buy the separate cable and hard wire to a DAC if you really want to. Apples headphones are very good though, and most people won’t want care if they have more than the mid 300 bit sound source that is Apple Music.
QuestionLooking forward a new pair of cans to compliment an exterior DAC and high resolution music - is there a way to wire these? High resolution music requires a DAC and wired headphones.
- Answer Yes, just buy the Apple lightning to 3.5mm cable.
QuestionDoes these headphone have a microphone? Will I be able to use these like there regular airpods?
- Answer Yes they have a built in microphone you can use them like the other AirPods
- Answer If your TV has BT audio they should work fine.