Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $3,299.99
- Answer The description is terrible, but I believe this comes with an external GPU as well as the internal one.
QuestionI have been in contact with BestBuy via their chat service, checked last night (3/7) at 10 PM EDT, the product page still said "Coming soon", checked again this morning at 6 AM and it said "Sold out" - is it some kinda "Hunger Game" marketing/sales game!?
- Answer Also interested in why it changed
QuestionJust hit midnight in arizona at the time of writing this, March 11th. So, lemme ask, why did the price suddenly jump $300? When they originally listed this at $3000 flat. That seems a bit unfair.
- Answer It was a price increase across all sites. It seems that they had it as a placeholder connected to the original bundle the non 4k version. If you search around you can find that the 4k version is 3300 on multiple other websites this is to cover the nicer specs. Still lame though that they did it the way they did....
- Answer So far it's only happened on Asus, though it's half the price it is here, at a 16GB Ram configuration instead of 32GB, along with a 5900 instead of a 5980 processor, along with a 1080p 120hz panel instead of the 4k 60hz panel included with this model here. That, and like you're asking for, it doesn't include the eGPU.
QuestionI have been in contact with BestBuy via their chat service, checked last night (3/7) at 10 PM EDT, the product page still said "Coming soon", checked again this morning at 6 AM and it said "Sold out" - asking for awareness. This is INCREDIBLY annoying.
- Answer Glad to know I wasn't the only one annoyed by this. See if this'll get enough attention so that way we can know what happened. Because it seems like we were all waiting for this. Keep an eye out on sites like ebay or newegg...I got a bad feeling about this.
- Answer Yes. It says so in the description...though it makes me wish they put it up front instead of needing to dig for it
QuestionDoes ROG Flow X12 have 16 GB RAM soldered to the motherboard? Can it be upgraded to 48 or 64 GB RAM?
- Answer Currently there are two versions of the ROG Flow X13. Version 1 has a ryzen 5900HS with a 1920x1200 120hz display and 16gb of ram. Version 2 has a ryzen 5980HS with a 3840x2400 60hz display with 32gb of ram. This is a listing for version 2. Both versions come with soldered ram and can not be upgraded.
- Answer Yes, it comes with a 100W USB-C adapter as well as the eGPU. The eGPU has an internal PSU, so it is self contained, no need for another power brick. But it does use the bulkier desktop IEC type power cable.
QuestionIs this going to be available again? Obviously even if it is it will be hard to get with scalpers and all, but are going to restock anytime soon?
- Answer Honestly I think this model is never even going to be released. I believe I read they are working on fiting the new 3050ti mobile gpu inside. I'm not even sure if that's going to have any better performance or efficiency and I'd rather them just release some stock.....
Questionwhy cant i buy this laptop without the eGPU like asus promised ? also, why they didnt make a version with 4k screen\32gb without the egpu but with the same graphic card of the other rog 13.4? such a waste
- Answer The laptop's design comes with the eGPU, it needs to be sold bundled together.
QuestionDoes this model for the Flow 13 have stylus pen support? Like can I actually flip around and use stylus pen and write a few notes like tablet for note taking or drawing?
- Answer Yes, the laptop supports stylus pen.
- Answer Please contact your local retailer for more information regarding inventory.
QuestionIs the display on this specific model of the flow 13 a 4k OLED or a 4k IPS? Also, does this 4k model support g sync?
- Answer The display is 4K IPS and the laptop supports G-Sync.
QuestionI had one in my cart and was waiting for monday to pay when I could cash my check. And they've since sold out. Any idea on restock?
- Answer I bought one Thursday June 17th and it arrived June 22nd. With the market conditions like they are stock doesn't last long. I'm not an official but have tracked this product close. I would find it unlikely that this product is restocked before the next product refresh. I'm sorry to say that given how its de-listed from the Best Buy site too, you likely now have many months to wait until that's released.
- Answer It is an external GPU that also can function as the power brick. The rtx 3080 is a maxQ/laptop version with 16GB RAM running at 150W... Not a desktop RTX, but good luck trying to snag one! Always sold out...
QuestionAlso wondering when this will be in stock. I've only found one available on the entire net, on Ebay, tho its at a 50% price hike. Too expensive for me, but considering that its the only one available :shrug: Guess if 3080s go for 2x so will this.
- Answer store.asus.com/us has it for sale
- Answer store.asus.com/us has it for sale