Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $149.99
The regular price is $199.99
- Answer The phone is an updated version of the 2015 model. When purchasing cases, buy a case for the 2015 model.
QuestionWhat case fits this J7? Ordered a case from Incipio the 2016 version and it doesn't fit right. Also got one off Ebay and it doesn't fit right
- Answer There appear to be at least two versions of the Samsung J7. The two models are often labeled by model year (2015, 2016), but there's a lot of inconsistency (and confusion) with that identification. I've seen phone retailers, phone reviewers, and phone cover vendors identify the same phone as both "2015" and "2016", which renders that distinction virtually useless. However, the phone models can be distinguished by their physical features. One model has THREE openings on the upper back side: LED light, camera lens, and speaker (from left to right). The other model has just TWO openings on the back side: LED light and camera lens. So, when shopping for a phone case, don't rely on the model year designation. Be sure to look carefully at the photos of the back side of the phone and phone case, and make sure those match the phone that you have. FYI: My J7 was purchased at Best Buy in June 2016, and It was identified on the Best Buy site as a "2016". The phone has three openings on the back. I purchased a phone case on eBay, from a vendor who identified his case (designed for three openings) as fitting the "2015" model. However, the vendor's photo matched my phone exactly (and his photo of the "2016" case did NOT match my phone). And when the cover arrived, it did in fact fit my phone.
- Answer Yes, the phone does come with the Google play sotre pre-installed.
- Answer If you pay the full price for the phone ($229.99) then no you don't have to make any payments for the phone, as you will have paid for it in full. If you buy the phone on your best buy credit card , you would have the option to pay for it over 6 months with no interest. Now, if you want to use the phone (talk, text and data) then you have to sign up for service with Boost Mobile. Typically, most plans involve a monthly payment to keep service active. Contact boost mobile for plan specifics. Hope this answers your question.
- Answer No Contract!!!
- Answer The phone does not have a dedicated notification LED. However, the front facing flash can be set to flash when you receive notifications or when alarms sound. To turn on the flash notification go to Settings/Accessibility/Hearing/Flash Notification.
QuestionDoes this one have the 3300 maH battery? I thought the 2016 version was supposed to have the 3300 maH battery, not the 3000 maH battery like it shows in the specs.
- Answer Just got mine this weekend and it is the 3000 battery, model J7000. Best Buy advertised as 2016 model.
- Answer No indicator light just the little icons on top of the home screen.
- Answer No. But virgin mobile has this same phone .
QuestionI'm currently have a Sprint Prepaid plan and I need to retain my current phone number. Will I be able to use my current phone number with the Boost Plan?
- Answer I understand any provider will allow you to keep your phone number but all phones have to be operating before they can do it. That's my understanding......
- Answer No, the SIM card here is not removable, and you can't install a SIM from another carrier. This phone can be used ONLY with Boost Mobile. Boost runs on the Sprint network, and its monthly service plans are extremely reasonable (some of the best in the business). So Boost phones can be a great deal -- **IF** you're in an area with good Sprint coverage.
QuestionI was lookin around for the best prices. And then i relized something different when comparing this phone from boost moblie site. The specs like the processor and the resolution are different..alot lower and a big differance in comparing them
- Answer for the USA version of the 2016 which is on the Tmobile, Boost, Virgin Mobile and Metro Pcs sites this is the same phone: same processor, ram, storage, single sims, sd card slot, only white color selection and size across the board. the usa 2016 appears to be an upgraded international 2015. the size appears close, the back appears similar. Yeah, cause the confusion comes with the comparison to the international j7 versions for 2015, 2016 with the USA 2016 version. there was no USA 2015 version. so the comparisons are with the International versions and they all differ. The international 2015 is similar in size and looks like the USA 2016 yet they differ on the inside. the international 2015 is smaller in processor and ram it has dual sims/sd slot and comes in 3 colors. The 2, 2016 versions the International comes in 3 colors, is smaller in size and has the biggest processor and all the goodies. The USA 2016 version is what you read on the current carrier sites. faster processor than the international 2015, more ram, storage, single sims, sd slot color only in white. depending on the source the 2015 international and the usa 2016 version look the same on the outside and are the same length yet some sources conflict. its hard to find a case for the usa 2016 version because the phone size changes with the case manufacturers. the 2015 cases should fit the usa version of the 2016? i couldn't get the incipio 2016 to fit my usa 2016 phone but i could get the tech21 eve tactical 2016, to fit. so cases are a try in person until more manufacturers confirm correct fit.