Questions & Answers
- QuestionI notice there are four different color toners. Can you change only the empty or do you have to change all colors at once? (9 Answers)Answers
Change only what you need. Each cartridge has a chip in it to tell you when it is low and to prepare (buy) that color when it finally will not print anymore. Make sure to have that color ready to install or else you cannot even print black and white...because, believe it or not, it "throws" in some of the other colors even in Black and White or Greyscale.
- Questionhow does laser print cartridges compare to ink jet cartridges in overall cost? (5 Answers)Answers
The regular filled toner will cost about $60 (Brother Brand Toner) and print 2500 pages. That's about 2 cents per page for black and white. If you do color its about 10 cents per page. Remember that you can purchase third party toner with a higher capacity at a lower cost, but you will lose some quality in color prints.
- QuestionCan I print photos with this printer? (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I print in black and white without using the color cartridges. (6 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this machine scan to email? Can you load a multiple page document? (6 Answers)
- Questiondoes it do duplex scanning and duplex printing automatially versus manually flipping the paper? (5 Answers)Answers
No. The CDW unit does. CDW is Color Duplex Wireless. I almost got the CDW model but I considered how much Duplexing I would be doing (less than 1% of all print jobs) and got the CW model. And I am glad I did. Once I learned the orientation of the already printed page to go back thru for the second side, it is a breeze. Glad I saved the $$.
- QuestionDoes this have Apple AirPrint? (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the printer come with a set of toner cartridges? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan you print from a mobile device with this printer? (7 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this print on card stock? Like for business cards or greating cards? (5 Answers)Answers
Yes, it will. You have to use the manual feeder, and open up the back flap of the printer (otherwise the card stock printout will turn out really curly). The card stock will go through and come out on the other side. There are switches you can use in the back to adjust, depending on the thickness of the card stock.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions