Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $119.95
- Answer You need ground, whether you grind or by ground. It doesn't grind for you. You can use store bought espresso ground - manual says "pre-ground". My husband buys whole beans and grinds himself. We think we shouldn't grind to the finest grind, one less. I use regular coffee but grind it down. You don't have to grind regular down but it makes for a stronger cup.
- Answer I CAN MAKE TWO DOUBLE LATTES WITH PLENTY OF FROTH FROM ONE WATER LOAD.
- Answer You must stop it manually. Therefore you have control over the strength of your espresso shot.
QuestionWhat is the importance of the "15 bar pump"? What does this refer to and why is it important?
- Answer Hi Jess, "15 Bars" refers to the amount of pressure used to pump through your coffee grinds to create espresso. While some units may carry less, our De'Longhi Espresso Machines are at 15 bars to help you create that perfect shot of espresso. We hope this clears things up for you. Thank you.
QuestionCan I buy decaffeinated coffee grounds from my local grocery store to use in the De'Longhi - Stilosa 15 Bar Pump Espresso Machine?
- Answer Yes. Works just as usual.
- Answer Lots of videos on youtube about how to use a frother. For this one, you turn the knob to the left to warm up the water, then use the switch on the side to turn on the wand, into a cup of milk until it's nice and frothy
QuestionCan I make more than just the two shots of expresso on a single brew? For example if I have 4 or 5 people waiting I'm going to have to get new ground coffee and make doubles only?
- Answer Hi, this unit can only make up to 2 espresso shots at a time. Using the same grounds for multiple uses will result in a much weaker espresso. Thank you.
QuestionCan a non-pressurized basket/portafilter be substituted for the included pressurized one? If so, what diameter do I look for? EC260BK
- Answer Hi, none of our espresso makers can be substituted for a non-pressurized basket. Thank you.
QuestionAfter it’s done pressing the espresso does it stop running or do I have to manually turn it off?
- Answer Hi, with this espresso machine you have to manually stop the espresso from brewing. Thank you.
- Answer Very decent. Works like it should.
Questionwhat are the physical dimensions of this machine. ie; height, width, length. I am short on counterspace, and I would like to know what size is the footprint of this.
- Answer Hello, this unit is 13.5 X 11.22 X 8.07 Thank you.
QuestionHello! I am a little confused on what accessories come with the machine. Does it come with a press? If not which one is best to compliment the machine? Thank you!
- Answer Yes it came with a press, and works good
QuestionI'm confused when making espresso. The instructions say to switch it to "on" when you get the preferred amount of coffee. How do i know how long to let it run for a shot of espresso? I made an iced coffee this morning using it and it was watered down.
- Answer Turn it on let it warm up until the green light shows make sure you insert enough coffee and you pack it down. One shot of espresso is 1 ounce of water two shots is 2 ounces etc. you can buy these neat Delonghi 2 ounce glass cups that will compliment your machine
- Answer Yes, it is a steamer and heats up the milk.
QuestionHow many inches below the nozzle where the coffee comes out and the base to place the cup? I want to get cups to catch the espresso shot but need to know size so I don't get a cup that is too tall. Thank you
- Answer Hi, the cup clearance from the nozzle to the drip dray is 4.25 inches. If the drip tray is removed it, you would have an additional 2.5 inches for cup clearance. Thank you.
- Answer Hi, purchase of this Pump Espresso Machine does not include a milk frothing jug or espresso glasses, however, these items can be purchased separately via or Delonghi website. Thank you.