Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $99.95
- Answer You need ground, whether you grind or by ground. It doesn't grind for you. You can use store bought espresso ground - manual says "pre-ground". My husband buys whole beans and grinds himself. We think we shouldn't grind to the finest grind, one less. I use regular coffee but grind it down. You don't have to grind regular down but it makes for a stronger cup.
- Answer Lots of videos on youtube about how to use a frother. For this one, you turn the knob to the left to warm up the water, then use the switch on the side to turn on the wand, into a cup of milk until it's nice and frothy
- Answer I CAN MAKE TWO DOUBLE LATTES WITH PLENTY OF FROTH FROM ONE WATER LOAD.
QuestionCan I buy decaffeinated coffee grounds from my local grocery store to use in the De'Longhi - Stilosa 15 Bar Pump Espresso Machine?
- Answer Yes. Works just as usual.
QuestionCan I make more than just the two shots of expresso on a single brew? For example if I have 4 or 5 people waiting I'm going to have to get new ground coffee and make doubles only?
- Answer Hi, this unit can only make up to 2 espresso shots at a time. Using the same grounds for multiple uses will result in a much weaker espresso. Thank you.
QuestionI'm confused when making espresso. The instructions say to switch it to "on" when you get the preferred amount of coffee. How do i know how long to let it run for a shot of espresso? I made an iced coffee this morning using it and it was watered down.
- Answer Turn it on let it warm up until the green light shows make sure you insert enough coffee and you pack it down. One shot of espresso is 1 ounce of water two shots is 2 ounces etc. you can buy these neat Delonghi 2 ounce glass cups that will compliment your machine
QuestionCan a non-pressurized basket/portafilter be substituted for the included pressurized one? If so, what diameter do I look for? EC260BK
- Answer Hi, none of our espresso makers can be substituted for a non-pressurized basket. Thank you.
- Answer This product is not for commercial use, meaning it isn't made to be used all day long, but rather normal daily use in a personal kitchen.
QuestionHow many inches below the nozzle where the coffee comes out and the base to place the cup? I want to get cups to catch the espresso shot but need to know size so I don't get a cup that is too tall. Thank you
- Answer Hi, the cup clearance from the nozzle to the drip dray is 4.25 inches. If the drip tray is removed it, you would have an additional 2.5 inches for cup clearance. Thank you.
QuestionThe difference between the 2 stilosas are the material? So this one is BPA free and the one at $150+ isn’t correct?
- Answer Hello, all materials that come into contact with your brew are BPA free in both units. Thank you.
QuestionCan I make americanos with this? Does it have a hot water spout? Do I need to descale or clean with the initial/first use?
- Answer NO HOT WATER SPOUT. I RAN PLAIN WATER THROUGH IT BEFORE FIRST USE JUST BECAUSE I ALWAYS DO THAT. DON'T THINK IT WOULD WORK WELL FOR AMERICANO. ONLY AVAILABLE WATER COMES THROUGH THE PRESSURIZED FITTING FOR THE ESPRESSO COFFEE FILTER.
- Answer Hi, yes, the water tank is located inside the unit and the frother is plastic with a stainless steel pannarello wand. Thank you.
Questioncan this portafilter be swapped out with the one the Dedica uses or do they use a different size ?
- Answer Not sure but. The one it comes with is a two part portafilter. Remove one to make it hold more coffee.