Questions & Answers
QuestionI have 2 domestic short hair cats and 2 dog's. The dogs are also short hair so the fur is rather wirey, and tends to stick into the carpet fibers. I would like to know how the performance of this model is with picking up pet hair.
- Answer The suction is very strong, and I also have a Persian cat and an Australian Shepherd dog. I am so delighted with this vacuum I would highly recommend it. I've never had one so powerful before. The also allows you to clean hard floors with great suction. The beater bar is so light, and the sound is so much quieter than other brands I've owned.
QuestionHi, what is the difference in canister size and suction between the ball multi floor and the big ball vacuums? Thanks.
- Answer Hi Olga, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Ball Multi Floor canister vacuum. The size of the Ball Multi Floor is .53 gallons while the size of the Big Ball models is .42 gallons. The Dyson Ball Multi Floor has 280 air watts of suction while the Big Ball has 250 air watts. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer Hi Jessica, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Ball Multi Floor. Dyson canister and uprights come with a 5-year warranty when purchased new and from an authorized retailer. If service is needed, simply contact us and we will be happy to troubleshoot and/or book a repair for a service center if needed. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
QuestionI have really plush carpet and my upright dyson will not work on it. Very difficult to push because of strong suction and thickness of carpet. Is the dyson canister manually adjustable on height and will it work on plush carpet?
- Answer There is a button/handle that will adjust the suction. I decrease the suction to do the small throw rugs.
- Answer Hi Bernie, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Ball Multi Floor canister vacuum. This vacuum comes with a cleaner head that is compatible with both carpet and bare floors. It also comes with a combination tool and stair tool. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer Hi Cher! Thank you for your interest in the Ball Multi Floor. This model does come with 2 attachments, which can be stored on the machine. Those attachments are the combination tool and stair tool. The stair tool can be used on upholstered furniture. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
Questioni don't have pets, don't know if I should purchase the cinetic animal bagless canister or the ball multi floor. there is a price difference, obviously--don't want to pay more than I have to. please advise.
- Answer Hello there, This is Dan with Dyson. Stylistically, these are very different machines so it will mainly be determined by preference of an upright or canister model. The Dyson Ball Multifloor features 270 airwatts of suction power as opposed to 180 airwatts delivered by the Cinetic Animal canister. However, the Cinetic Animal canister comes with more tools and requires no filter cleaning whereas the Dyson Ball Multifloor has 2 filters that require cleaning with cold water and air dry once every 3 months. Feel free to contact our Dyson helpline directly to determine the best machine for your needs. Best wishes, Dan
QuestionDoes this pick up cat litter off tile and hardwood flooring and do you recommend this for picking up litter - will littler clog vacuum or cause an odor in vacuum?
- Answer Yes, the vacuum will pick up cat litter off tile floor.
- Answer Hi Gick. It's Vince with Dyson. Dyson products sold in the US are designed specifically for 110-120v electricity. Our machines are not multi-voltage. Please feel free to reach out to us via email with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best wishes, Vince P.
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Ball Multi Floor. This vacuum includes 2 attachments, the combination tool and stair tool. Both of which can be stored directly on the vacuum itself when not in use. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. I am sorry to hear about the difficulty with your vacuum and would value the opportunity to address this in more detail. Please contact us at askdysonUS@dyson.com with a description of the issue or concern and your contact information and we will be happy to help. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
QuestionHow heavy of this vacuum? Is there a handle to carry it up and down stairs? Is this the one that wont tip over?
- Answer Sometimes it does tip over. Yes there's a handle to carry the unit anywhere, and it is light weight.
- Answer Call Best Buy and ask them.
- Answer Hi Gerri. Thank you for your interest in additional attachments for your vacuum. We have a wide range of additional tool attachments that work with this machine. The tools vary from dusting, to cleaning furniture. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer Absolutely yes! I am so happy with my new vacuum. It does carpets so well and the suction is amazing. There is a button on the handle to turn off the beater bar, and it cleans hard floor very well. Because the beater bar is smaller and lightweight it is so easy to use, and the sound is not nearly as loud as the other brands I've owned. I love this machine, and my husband does too. He's shocked by the amount of suction it has.
Questionthe yellow top of canister is leaking air, is the any way of titen up to stop the air from leaking out.
- Answer when you reattached the canister you should be able to feel it snap into place- there have been times when I did not do that and felt air leak out after.
QuestionI purchased this thinking it was the purple model. Anyway, how is this on wood and tile floors and stairs?
- Answer I have both and no carpet this is the product you want