Questions & Answers
- Answer Most mounts and accessories that connect to the GoPro will work on both the HERO8 and the HERO9 models. However, because the two models have different shapes and sizes, accessories like this housing that enclose the GoPro will not work between the models. You'll want to get a housing made specifically for your GoPro.
- Answer Yes, if you have the HERO8 Black in the full protective housing, there will be that barrier between the microphones and the source of the audio, so there will likely be some affect on the audio quality when the camera is in the housing.
QuestionDoes this protective case give any added water depth protection with the skeleton backing on or is the added water depth protection only provided with the solid back door.
- Answer The skeleton backdoor has an open panel, so it does not provide any additional water depth protection. With the solid backdoor, the Protective Housing provides protection down to 196 feet.
- Answer Yes, this housing will protect the GoPro and should prevent the pressure from pressing the buttons.
QuestionDoes protective housing float, and if not will the floating housing fit over the protective housing?
- Answer The Protective Housing does not float the GoPro, and once the GoPro is in the Protective Housing, it will not fit in the Floaty mount. The Handler mount is a good option to use in this type of setup if you're looking for a handheld option.
- Answer No it won’t.
- Answer Since the Protective Housing is designed to be waterproof, it does not have an access port that would allow you to plug in a Mic Adapter to make it work with an external mic.
- Answer I don't see any listings for replacement parts on website. I have the same case as you but I've been lucky so far with mine.
- Answer 196 feet of water
- Answer There are some third-party dive filters that will work with this housing. Check out the ones by Polar Pro.