Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $20.99
The regular price is $39.99
QuestionWill this unit work by itself without buying the google home unit ? Like the Amazon echo dots work with out buying the bigger Amazon Echo unit.
- Answer Yes. It works without the full size Google Home.
- Answer Yes, you can put your calendar on and set up reminders.
- Answer No, sadly it does not. At volumes up to around 50% the sound is not bad, but louder than that, it is very tinny.
- Answer Yes - with multiple Google Home's and Home mini's in the home, Google will have you assign each device to a room so you can speak more generally and it'll know what room has which devices in case of overlap. And yes, from either home you can control all devices known to the home.
QuestionWhat is this product.?
- Answer It is a smaller version of google home with all the sam 3rd features. It works with other connected devices like wemo switches and ecobee smart thermostats. It can make calls l, tell jokes, take notes, set timers, read you recipes, search google etc
QuestionCan you listen to two different sources, (Spotify/Pandora), on two different speakers, (Google Home and Mini), at the same time?
- Answer Yes, I can listen to a streaming radio station via Tunein on one Home device while another device streams a music mix from Pandora.
- Answer You need to set up account and download google home app. In the app you'll have all the settings for your smart home devices and commands.
- Answer If you make all three into a group and you stream music to the group then yes.
- Answer Nope. Here's the answer on Google's website: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7550584?hl=en
QuestionAM figuring it can switch on lights, thermostats and such. Can it control a Samsung smart tv, change channels and volume?
- Answer If you have the samsung hub it may be able to control the tv, but all other stuff you can train it to control. I use with nest and hue lighting.
- Answer Yes unless your TV has chromecast built in. Like a Sony TV powered by Android.
QuestionCan I access the speaker in another house by my phone to listen in? Ex: like a baby monitor.
- Answer No you have to be on same WiFi network to access these speakers from the app
- Answer Could be many things, more info is really needed. Did you move your router or Mini? Do you have multiple frequency (2.4 or 5 GHZ) for your router change to the other one. Have it forget your wifi and then re-enter it. Reset your router and modem, sometimes you get two ip addresses assigned to different devices. Basically you need to troubleshoot the system to find out exactly what happened. My first step is always to unplug everything for about a minute then plug it back in and then see if it works and go from there. Be aware the mini needs to be set up through the app EVERY TIME it's power is disconnected.
QuestionIf you have multiple of these in different rooms can you communicate back and forth with people in the other rooms, kind of like a home intercom?
- Answer Yes with the new update you can. Its great. You dont have to yell in your house now. But its not a live feed in conversation. Its recorded and relyed throught the device. From my inderstanding it is sent to all devices. So dont send private messages or everyone in the house will know.
QuestionDoes the Google Home mini work if you don't have a smartphone? I do have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet though. Will i get my money's worth without a smartphone?
- Answer If you have access to the Google play store and can download Google home then it should work just fine.
Questionif I purchase the mini google for my grandson do I have to buy attachments for music or to ask questions to be answered by the google hoe mini
- Answer It works like a Google Home unit. however you get your music now (Pandora or Spotify) it will work.
QuestionCan a Mini be set up on a home wifi network with no smartphone involved to make outgoing phone calls to a nickname? Can one say "Google ... call Mike" and have it know Mike's number from a phone directory somewhere? Must one say "Google" first?
- Answer You’ll have to have a phone number to use the calling feature. As a matter of fact I think you have to have a smart device to even set up Google Home to begin with. If you have a smart phone/tablet without cellular service, you could try setting up a Google voice number for free. That’ll work with the Google dialer in the GH as well.
- Answer On the top where the lights light up if you tap on the right side of device-volume goes up. Tap on the left side of device-volume goes down.