Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,449.99
The previous price was $1,799.99
QuestionHi, I have 3 questions: 1- This new 2020 model of Omen laptops has only 120Hz when it comes to 4k option in HP website so is this 120Hz too? 2- Is this laptop used or renewed? 3- Are the Keyboards 4 zone or per key color?
- Answer This model has a 60Hz display. It will be a new in box item. The keyboard is per-key RGB backlit.
- Answer 4k 60Hz if I’m not mistaken. Additionally, the GPU is an RTX 2070 Super Max-Q.
QuestionWhat is the max RAM that the laptop can be upgraded to have? What is the average battery life of this laptop?
- Answer The Battery life: Up to15 hours You can have up to 32 GB DDR4-2933 SDRAM
- Answer This model does have a USB C Thunderbolt 3 port. The screen is a AMOLED display but it is not a touchscreen.
- Answer HI. The HP Omen model 15-ek0023dx Gaming laptop has 2 solid state drive sockets per the Upgrading and Service Guide on page 32. Here is a link to the guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06638089
- Answer This display is 60Hz.
QuestionIf I connect the laptop to an external 144hz monitor can the Games run at 144hz? Also will g sync be supported on the monitor if the monitor has the feature?
- Answer Yes, many games can run at 144 FPS with this laptop. Yes, the graphics card is g-sync compatible if the external monitor supports g-sync.
QuestionIs this computer good for movies and everyday use? Or is there a better laptop we could get that is similar?
- Answer If you wanted to buy this for gaming and also use it for movies and everyday use, it will perform extremely well. If you are asking if this is a good choice for movies and everyday, use, it is overkill as a specialized gaming laptop like this has an expensive dedicated graphics card which you don't need for movies and everyday use. Here is one I would suggest for you for movies and everyday use: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-256gb-ssd-natural-silver/6413692.p?skuId=6413692
- Answer The RTX 2070 in this model has 8 GB of GDDR6 RAM.
QuestionHi, im considering buying this laptop, looks great in everything, i just want to ask about the numeric keyboard. I saw an image on the internet, that acctualy havet. its there an option to get the same model whit the numeric key board? Thanks.
- Answer This is the only layout that I am aware about. I was used to a numeric pad myself. After a month, a can say really don't miss it. The only thing I caution you about is the quality control; the 1st one did not sit flat or level on a flat surface and it had a dent in the frame between the two USB ports, the 2nd had a very loose and noise track pad, 3rd times the charm. Alot of bang for your buck though, not much comes close unfortunately. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.
- Answer You will be able to run Fortnite at 144 FPS with this laptop.
- Answer No it is not.
Question#1) What is the NVMe PCI-E lane spec speeds? PCI-Gen 3 or PCI-E Gen 4. #2) Is there a memory QVL for max 32GB 2933Mhz So Dimms? I'm thinking of purchasing Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GBx2 2933MHz DDR4 CL17 SODIMM Memory HX429S17IBK2/32
- Answer It's a Gen 3 with four lanes, which is rated at up to 32 gigabits/second. I haven't seen a QVL for the ram, but the ones that you're looking at should certainly work.
QuestionIs this RTX2070, 2070 Super Max Q or 2070 Max Q? I understand LCD is 60hz. Is it gsync capable?
- Answer The Laptop has an RTX 2070 Super Max-Q, from what I saw yes the Laptop supports G-Sync.
- Answer The color gamut on the screen is 72% NTSC. Typically, there is an international warranty, but you'll need to talk to the HP support team to find the particulars involving what country or countries you're going to.