Questions & Answers
QuestionWhat features does the roomba 860 have that the roomba 650 don't have. And between the 860 and 650 which one is the best seller?
- Answer My personal favorite is 650. Price is a big factor in my decision. 860 has a little different filter ( HEPA ) not washable. I wash my 650 filter all the time (Daily) I hope this helps.
- Answer It should have no problem tackling those flooring surfaces. I currently have the 650 with the upgraded Li-Ion battery (<$60), and it travels all throughout the first floor of our house. Some will say I won't clean as good as manually vacuuming, but it will do it everyday (just have to dump the dust bin which os very easy). We have had it for almost 3 weeks and the carpet and wood floors have never looked better.
QuestionI am concerned about the iroomba scratching my floor if a small Pebble or piece of debris is caught in the bristle or roller. Does this happen? We have a rocky/ gravel yard. Also, how many square feet will the vacuum clean before being emptied?
- Answer My hardwood floors are super sensitive to scratches and dents, and I've never had the Roomba scratch them. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Downstairs on the hardwood floors I only empty the Roomba after it is finished. Upstairs I empty it hallway through its cleaning cycle. It really depends on how often you run the Roomba and how much your pets shed.
QuestionWhat is the Voltage of the Irobot Roomba 621? I would like to know if I can buy it and take it to Argentina that we use there 220.
- Answer The 630 and the 650 have a built in converter - like a laptop does. You can either use a small adaptor on the end, or change out the cable - both are cheap. They are 110-220. I bought one in US and used it in Turkey.
- Answer Yes it does. It's preprogramable.
QuestionWhat is the pick up capacity inside the Roomba, how much dirty and debri does it hold? When it gets full does the machine automatically shut off?
- Answer Once machine is full it goes back to home station until you empty it. It probably holds a cup to cup and 1/2 of dirt before full.
QuestionOf these mentioned which one is the quietest? This will be my first time buying one and I'd like it to be fairly quiet yet pick up well on carpet. Thank You
- Answer They are all vacuumed sound / "loud". The quiet ones don't work very well. I bought the 650 and it's so able but wakes me up when it turns on. I use it as an alarm sometimes
QuestionDoes this work in multiple rooms or must it be in direct line of sight with the docking station?
- Answer Works in multiple rooms and finds it's way back to the docking station when it needs to charge.
- Answer 1 virtual wall included but you can put a piece of wood in front of the places you want to block off too.
QuestionHow long will my Roomba 650 run after it turns itself on , on its scheduled time and day? Then will it dock itself?
- Answer Haven't really timed it but probably 1-2 hours. While it's running I'm doing other things around the house, picking up, washing clothes, whatever needs to be done I do while my vacuum is running. I start with a different room everyday and make sure that room is totally vacumed and then I just let it run throughout the whole house where ever it goes and I keep busy doing other things till it finally has to return to the dock to recharge itself. Yes, I do have to sweep or take time for some areas it misses but when I don't I still get cleaner floors regardless because to run a manual vac means I don't get to the other things so easily and that makes it great !!! Love it !!!
QuestionWhat happens to the Robot if the filter gets full? If machine is moved to area that needs cleaning does it interrupt it cycle?
- Answer If you forget to empty the collection tray one day it will still pick up the next day but it decreases the effectiveness. I live on a farm and I am constantly amazed at the amount of stuff it picks up daily.
- Answer Yes you just push the button in the middle twice when you need to run it and off it goes. Very easy to use.
- Answer i have both hardwood floors and rugs...no problem whatsoever. i also use it on my kitchen tile floors. it easily transitions between all 3 surfaces and does a great job on all 3.
- Answer Yes, it does come with the dock.
- Answer Sorry, I don't have beach sand. I do have a cat and her litter box litter gets tracked on the floors. My 650 gets the job done and without any troubles.
QuestionWhy doesn't my IRobot work it comes out of the dock when I punch the clean tab and turns around goes about 3 inches in each direction and turns off. It is fully charged and cleaned. What could be wrong with it . I have read the instructions and done every
- Answer I must say this, have you emptied the filter compartment after each usage?