Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $229.99
The regular price is $499.99
- Answer The subwoofer will not pair the sound bar I don't have the remote control do I need to have the remote to pair the both
- Answer I had the same question when I bought the system and contacted JBL. It is not compatible with their wireless rears but I ended up finding a solution. The insignia rear speaker kit is a stand alone system but works great. You can adjust the delay to match the soundbar with no problem. That’s my current setup and it works great.
QuestionI connected my JBL 3.1 soundbar via Bluetooth to my iPhone but the problem is I’m only getting audio from two left and right speakers
- Answer The center speaker on the JBL soundbar 3.1 does not work during normal audio and video playback. It would only work when playing movies which have Dolby surround sound. This was confirmed by the certified JBL agents. Verified this by checking multiple units from multiple reputed stores and it was the correct. However, couldn't find any movies on Netflix in which this can be experienced so please let me know if anybody knows.
- Answer Hi Troy, the audio sync button on the remote control for your JBL BAR 3.1 soundbar will allow you to adjust the tempo of the audio to match the video of what you're watching if they are not synchronized. Use the +/- buttons to increase or decrease the tempo of the audio.
QuestionWhen moving your curser around on products like the Xbox One, Ps4, Roku, or Fire TV Stick the device should make a menu noise. Does this soundbar play the correct noise, or does it have the same bug previous jbl soundbars have had where it wouldn't?
- Answer Mine does the same thing. I think it is a sound signal detection problem....if it doesn't immediately detect the signal it shuts of and there I is a second delay. So unless you are scrolling nonstop you won't hear clicking through a menu. I am using optical....maybe if I used HDMI ARC it won't. I may try this soon.
QuestionThe only device connected with the jbl 3.1 sound bar is the PS4. Is connected with the TV Via HDMI ARC. I'm concerned because there is a "pop" noise coming from the subwoofer even when im not even moving anything on the PS4. Any help please!
- Answer There are two things you can try. First, try connecting a different device into the TV the same way, perhaps a cable box, or bray player. You want to make sure it's not the device sending the "popping sound", which by the way won't probably won't damage the sub if it's minimal. It may help to simply take the optical audio signal from your TV to feed the soundbar system.
- Answer No. The JBL Xtreme can only connect with speakers that has the same JBL Connect feature. The BAR 3.1 sound system does not have thAt option.
QuestionThe subwoofer makes noise that isn't helpful for what is being listened to. It's not necessarily popping/crackling, but maybe it is? Trying to troubleshoot it and get it so we can listen to it regularly instead of unplugging the subwoofer. Thoughts?
- Answer Try changing the sound mode from the remote. Modes are music, movie, voice, sport, standard. You can also control the bass on the remote. I just recently purchased this model and the sub woofer is powerful. Maybe too powerful sometimes. Overall I love the sound this system puts out. Good Luck.
QuestionWhen I turn on my tv the jbl 3.1 sound bar comes on in arc but I have to change it to hdmi1 to get sound. What can I do so I get sound on start up without changing manually? Comcast box to hdmi1 on bar, hdmi1 out(arc) on bar to hdmi1(arc) on tv.
- Answer Hello I'm having the same issue. When I turn the tv/cable back on the JBL starts up in ARC mode. Then I have to use JBL and switch source to HDMI-1 which is my cable/tv. This is a pain. Did anyone find a resolve? Thank you in advance
- Answer You can do 2 setups for this. 1st setup (recommended one)- Connect you PS4 to your TV using HDMI cable and connect your TV to the soundbar using the HDMI(ARC) ports 2nd setup Connect your PS4 to the soundbar and connect your soundbar to the TV using the HDMI (ARC) ports to get the video.
QuestionHow do I connect my verizon cable box to my JBL 3.1 Sound bar? Do I Connect the Cable Box to the sound bar first or Or connect the sound bar directly to the TV
- Answer Connect HDMI from cable box to speaker then a separate HDMI from speaker to tv (output HDMI).
- Answer My att U-verse remote, vizio tv remote and Apple 4K tv remote all control the soundbar just the same as the remote for the soundbar itself. Literally they all worked on it from the moment I powered the bar on. Power on and off, volume control and mute are really all I need to use the other remotes for. The JBL remote I use to increase or decrease the bass level coming from the bar and sub. As well as surround audio button and the sound mode button. But all in all when you hit the power on button on your cable box remote or satellite remote(which ever you have) the soundbar will power on and or off as well. Hope this helps. And I really do recommend this system btw.
- Answer Our JBL Bar 3.1's manufacturer warranty is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. If you need help with warranty options, please have your receipt ready and contact us here: https://bit.ly/2zwFkYM
QuestionHello can someone please help me. Everytime I turn on the tv/cable the JBL starts up in HDMI ARC mode. My cable is hooked up to hdmi-1, DVD hooked into hdmi-2, TV hooked up into hdmi-ARC. So I have to switch the source on the JBL everytime.
- Answer I experienced the same. My daughter had me plug my cable box into the TV’s HDMI1 (non-ARC) and the soundbar into the TV’s HDMI2 (ARC) and that resolved it for me.
QuestionI'm cautious about this purchase because it's for games and I keep reading that it drops out after brief silence from a source. Can anyone that games with this give me some insight? Thanks!!
- Answer I dont play every day. But this far I haven't had any major issues with the system. It will not have sound for a split second after you un pause something. Movies or games. But it hasnt effected my movie or game experience any. The sound quality produced by this system is actually pretty good. I have zero complaints so far.
QuestionI recently ordered an 82 inch Samsung Tv to replace my 65 inch. My current sound bar is a JBL 250, Is this an upgrade to that sound bar? What is the big difference.
- Answer It's not a direct upgrade but specification-wise the Bar series is a whole lot better than the Cinema series. Easy to use.Great sound. Great quality.
QuestionJust bought this JBL Bar 3.1 last month, the problem is that, when pun on "standby" mode after few minute the unit turn "ON' buy itself, unless disconnect the HDMI (ARC) cable from TV or from the Bar unit.
- Answer To disable this, you may need to turn off the HDMI CEC feature of your TV. If the problem persists, we would like to work with you directly to help you with your issue. Please submit a case request at https://www.jbl.com/support-contact.html and the Customer Service Team will be more than happy to assist you.
QuestionCan any wireless rear speakers be added to JBL's 3.1 soundbar and wireless subwoofer set up ?
- Answer No speakers can be added to our JBL Bar 3.1 as it's a standalone unit.