Questions & Answers
- Answer We bought the 400 watt kicker amp here as well and it’s perfect
- Answer Usually car speakers and subwoofers are 4 ohm and less. This being a 2 ohm you would need to wire 4 of these subwoofers in series to get 8 ohms.
QuestionI’m looking at a box that has 2 of these in the enclosure. Would my 1200w cxa600.1 kicker amp be compatible with them?
- Answer Yes it would. Maybe a wee bit too much. If you get it make sure you keep the gain about half ways to three quarters. I have these hooked up to a 3000 watt 1100rms DS18 XL candy, but i keep the gain down to about half way and it hits hard and clean. Hope that helps
QuestionWill the KICKER - CX 1200W Class D Digital Mono Amplifier with Variable Low-Pass Crossover - Black work with this subwoofer? I was told it would by a best buy representative. Pls lmk asap.
- Answer Yes it will. Might be bit much power. But if you properly set your gains, you'll be good to go.
QuestionHow do you remove this subwoofer from the ported enclosure? I purchased this sub and box combo some time ago and now I need to remove the subwoofer so I can wire to 1 ohm load to the amplifier. Please help!
- Answer Around the speaker are black cover...from the top u will see the word kicker...the next flat ridge space is where the bolt are at...under the flat sticky cover....use a sharp edge tool to left a corner up and pull off slowly....
- Answer I definitely would not recommend 1000 watts on this subwoofer continuously. You will definitely damage the sub very quickly. If it was 600 to 750 watts you would be ok.
- Answer This could be several different things. Most common mistake is having bass level up too high on your head unit. As this will send more wattage to your sub also and this can cause it to burn out at peak notes as it will peak at over the max watts and burn out.Just a guess though hard to say without seeing it also could’ve been a simple wire making bad contact again just guessing though. Hope this helps
- Answer Yes, it’s a 4ohm DVC wired for a 2ohm load.
Questioni would like to know how many watts does this speaker actually hold i compared a 12inch kicker woofer that held 1000 watts and so i just wanted to know if it would do the same.
- Answer I bought this for my F-150 along with 500W Alpine Amp. This 12” sub has dual voice coil. The max is 600W. I think 1000W and depending whether you have a good amp or not will be too many watts. Rule of thumb is to match the watts with the maximum RMS. Therefore I’m pushing 500W into a 600 W subwoofer. They still hear me coming from a mile away.
QuestionEven though the sub is a 500 watt rms is it okay to buy a 600 watt rms amp (Alpine sa60m) for it?
- Answer Yes if its the dual VC it will handle 1000 RMS ,I'm running a kicker kxa800.5 and its better than 2 10s or 12s single VC . You can't beat this compact power house.
QuestionWhat's the best amp you recommend to use on 2 12 inch Kicker R comps in a custom ported box from kicker Factory
- Answer I’m currently running a Rockford Fosgate power series 977 watt rms amp on it and haven’t had any issues yet I had previously been running an amp pushing 622 rms and it was messing my subs up they always smelled like burnt plastic
- Answer Amp kit wires amp to have it work
- Answer Yes . It has screw covers around the sub . They just pop off.
- Answer Yes it will. I use it 100 percent of the time.