Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $183.99
The regular price is $229.99
QuestionHow is this laptop for streaming video. I would like to stream our local news and then chrome cast it onto my TV
- Answer Not for any video. Extremely slow on internet. Just use it for offline world, excel etc.
- Answer No. The 64GB eMMC solid state hard drive is soldered to the motherboard. If you need additional storage space, there is a full size SD card slot on the IdeaPad 1 14-inch and of course, you can use any USB-based external hard drive and/or a Cloud-based Storage Account for more storage space.
QuestionFor a 10 year old that plays Minecraft and roblox and is learning to do powerpoints and reports would this laptop work?
- Answer No this laptop is entirely way too slow and laggy.
QuestionI want a computer exclusively for paying bills and doing taxes. I wont be saving anything on it, plan to save everything on a memory stick. Would this computer be good for these tasks?
- Answer Should be great for that. I got mine mainly for scanning all my sheet music into. I have an electronic piano and I got a foot pedal hooked up to the computer by bluetooth so I can turn the pages with my foot instead of turning them by hand.
QuestionWhat is the chance that the ideapad 1 will support running linux? I did not find driver downloads on the manufacturer site for linux installs
- Answer I purchased two Dells with the same processor (9220e) two months ago and installed openSUSE 15.1 on them. They work great for the computer classes I teach in the mtns of Central America. The Dells only had 32 GB SSDs, but that is plenty of space for Linux and multiple students. You might want to put /var and /tmp in RAM. For what I do, they fly. I didn't have any problem with drivers, but I haven't used the sound or camera.
QuestionPlanning on using it for online school and to watch shows on. Will this computer be good for that type of stuff?
- Answer Honestly, when I purchased it that’s all I was needing it for as well. But I ended up returning it because of how slow it was
QuestionThis computer is supposed to come with a 12 month subscription of office 365. It was advertised on the website and also there’s a sticker on the box however there is no papers or code inside the box. The store couldn’t help me. How do I activate it?
- Answer Yes, the Lenovo IdeaPad 1-14 laptop ships with a free 1-year subscription to Microsoft Office 365, already installed on the computer. Just open the Microsoft Office 365 program. Upon your first use, the software will have you activate the software. Just follow the onscreen instructions and instead of a 30-day trial, with this computer you will now have a full 1-year subscription to Office 365.
- Answer Yes. This model ships with Windows 10 S-Mode Operating System. Windows 10 S-Mode provides added security by only allowing APPs available ( and therefore certified by Microsoft) at the Microsoft Store. If you don't need the added security or you need to install APPs not available at the Microsoft Store, you can switch to standard Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating System, at no additional cost. Be sure the software you plan on installing is compatible with Windows 10 (you will need to switch from S-Mode to install programs not available through the Microsoft Store), and this device configuration. There is a 64GB eMMC solid state hard drive with approximately 40GB of storage space available to the user.
QuestionWhat does "includes Windows 10 Home in S mode" mean please? Are there any USB ports. This is needed as a backup unit and for downloading a flash drive and be able to email photos from the flash drive. Will this model do that? Thank you
- Answer 1. "Windows 10 Home in S mode" is a version of Win Home that will only run programs available on the Windows (S)tore website. Any PC that runs Windows S can have the "S" restriction removed, if you prefer; just go the the microsoft.com website and search the process, or Google it. 2. The "Ports" section of "Specifications" says there are two USB 3 ports. 3. Not sure what you mean by "backup unit;" do you mean (a) a PC that can be fully functional if your main unit is out of commission? Or (b) one that can provides limited use in an emergency? If (a), probably not, if (b) possibly. My experience is that 4GB is not sufficient for a pleasant Win10 PC experience, but if you only do one thing at a time, are patient, and only install the programs you absolutely need, you might be all right.
QuestionSo my laptop says “why did my pc restart” and I can’t get in to it and I don’t know what to do
- Answer We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Lenovo IdeaPad 1-14 laptop, model number 81VS0001US. It is possible that restoring the computer back to original factory settings may fix the issue. Since you can not boot the computer to the Windows 10 Desktop, This system is equipped with OneKey Recovery System. There is a very small pin hole on the left side of the device, right near the Micro-SD card slot on the device. You will need a pin to push this reset button. Plug the device in. Let the battery charge for about 15 minutes. Push the reset button. The system should boot to a choice screen where you can choose "Restore To Factory Default". Select this. It will delete everything from the hard drive except the original factory install of the operating system. You will need to reinstall all programs and files after the reset. If you don't have copies of the files, try to make one before you restore by selecting "Boot to desktop" and trying to back up your files. Once you have restored the computer back to original settings, be sure any software you installed is compatible with Windows 10. There is no need to install Microsoft Office software. The software is already part of the operating system, you just need to activate the software with a purchased product key. If you have installed a copy of Microsoft Office, this is conflicting with the existing copy on the system and this will slow your system down. If you have installed a 3rd party anti-virus program, be sure that Windows Defender is turned off and that the trial version of McAfee Anti-Virus software is uninstalled. There can only be one anti-virus program on the system. You may need to restore your system to original factory default settings if any of the programming errors have occurred. You can do that by typing "restore" in the Cortana search window. Just click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom left of your Windows 10 Desktop. Click on "Reset This PC" Then click on "Get Started" and follow the on screen directions to restore to factory defaults. If the problem persists, we recommend you contact Lenovo Tech Support at: 877-453-6686.
QuestionI’m not really a computer guy or anything but I simply bought this just so I can do some online classes I don’t plan to stream or save anything on it. Is this good for that ?
- Answer Yes, this product is good for school use.