Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $719.99
The regular price is $899.99
QuestionConsumer Reports says Top Loaders with an agitator do not clean clothes as good as Front Loaders or Top Loaders without an agitator. Is this true with this model?
- Answer Im not sure i completely agree Whereas I do agree the front load washer cleaned our clothes very well, the top load washer without the agitator left our clothes dingy looking. so we returned it and got the one with the agitator and our clothes were cleaner
QuestionWill I be able to fit a comforter in this machine with the agitator? If so, does it wash bedding well?
- Answer Yes. i washed a king and queen comforter (separately) with no problem. deep fill provides enough water. i paused during wash a few times to move comforter around some and push all the way down in water. drum is deep and parts of comforter would float up some. so i pushed comforter around and up and down a little in drum to make sure all parts were getting submerged and then let it continue washing. a did the same during rinse. couldn't be happier with way it cleaned and spin extracted water very well.
QuestionWe bought it in January 2019. Less than two months old, washer does not rinse completly. Are there any settings or option we need to choose to make ure that washer does the rinse and dry it enough without dripping water?s
- Answer spotty, we're sorry to learn of your experience. We would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com at your earliest convenience with your review subject, name, address, a phone number and best time to reach you along with your model and serial number. Thank you Social Care Team
QuestionIs this washer high-efficiency? How is it different from the model without the agitator, MVWB835DW? Thanks!
- Answer shlay17 model MVWB865GW is an HE washer and has 3 different cycles than the other model. It has a Color cycle, a drain and spin, and a rapid wash. Model MVWB835DW has a deep water wash and soak option that the other washer does not have. We hope this helps!
QuestionAre you able to remove the agitator if you wish? For example if you wish to put a large bulky item in...
- Answer NO!!! My experience as listed in my review is that my medium weight King comforter fit and washed fine. Don't be fooled and buy the 6.0 cu ft impeller washer, the fine print says you cannot fill washer to physical capacity, which is crazy, but you will damage the washer if you do, ask a repairman.
- Answer A normal cycle is 52 minutes. You can do a speed cycle in 37 min
QuestionDoes this model or any model Maytag have a child lock. Maytags are either listed as not having a child lock or as in the case of this washer- it just does not say.
- Answer Yes. This washer “senses” the load (unlocked) and before starting, it locks. When the door is opened during the sensing process...the control panel lights up & flashes...the load will not begin until the start button is pushed again.
QuestionCan I pause this washer during the wash cycle if I want to allow the laundry to soak in bleach?
- Answer I have not done this myself but you can pause the cycles and I’m saying yes to your question
- Answer Hi Boot. This Maytag® Washer is made in the United States. Thank you for your interest in our Maytag Appliances!
QuestionDoes this model come with the drain hose? This model indicates in the specifications that the drain hose is not included. I know the fill hoses have to be purchased.
- Answer Yes it does come with a short drain hose.
- Answer Just hold the start button for a couple seconds and it will pause. Then hold again to start back up where it left off.
- Answer Hello Lu! This model of Washer does not have a filter. Hopefully, this information is beneficial to you. Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Maytag appliances!
- Answer Yes it uses HE detergent
QuestionJust bought my washer yesterday, but it’s only throwing hot water and the gages are put correctly.
- Answer Check the location of hoses in rear and make sure they are on the proper side ie hot to h cold to c
QuestionWhat exactly happens, when an "out of balance" condition is detected ? Is there an alarm or something ? Does the machine shut itself down ? (I hope.)
- Answer Hello Ray! The cycle should adjust and recenter itself. Thank you for your inquiry on our Maytag appliances.
- Answer 56 1/2 “ to top of lid