Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes, it is compatible with all games and controllers, if it works on xbox one it will work on the xbox one X. Over 130 games will be enhanced and run better on the 1 x too. You'll also be able to play many 360 games and the orginal XBOX games from over 15 years ago.
QuestionCould a Xbox One X user play with a Xbox One user assuming they both have Live Gold and the same game?
- Answer Yes. The One X is still a member of the Xbox One family -- Hence, no matter if all parties associated are playing across the Xbox One/ Xbox One S/ Xbox One X/Windows 10 PC using Play Anywhere title, online gameplay can occur across all platforms, especially, but not limited to, Xbox Live Gold.
QuestionAre there any additional cables needed with the purchase to hook up to 4K tv? HDMI or such? Also, if it plays original Xbox games, will it inclue NBA Street Vol. 2? That game is boss!!!
- Answer Nope! The Xbox One X comes with a 4k-capable HDMI cable! Specifics about original Xbox backwards compatibility haven't been announced yet, but if there is a specific title you are interested in, we recommend checking out feedback.xbox.com to get your voice heard!
QuestionI pre-ordered the Xbox One Scorpio Edition and my credit card was charged $541. I thought you don't get charged until it ships? Any ideas anyone? Thanks!
- Answer They place a hold on the card for the amount then remove it later. It is then reapplied when the console is in preparation and then finalized shortly after.
QuestionWhen I called the store they said you have to put 50$ down. But on line it's saying the whole amount in full is that true?
- Answer I paid $0 down, reserving my Scorpio edition with only my credit card. No charge on card until the game ships about a week before launch day, although they will put a hold for that amount and check to make sure it won't put you over your limit sporadically, so if you are living close to the edge of your credit card limit, tread carefully, as I hear they may bump you off the preorder queue if the occasional credit line check gets rejected.
I would recommend:
- Answer Xbox one X is unavailable for preorder until receiving FCC approval for the device. There is no current timeframe of when that will be completed.
- Answer The same story that’s been happening for 20 years. It’s the my console is better than yours argument. It’s a never ending cycle. Coke vs Pepsi, Sega vs Nintendo, Marvel vs DC. Reviews don’t matter if there are individuals tanking it purposely. I am an Xbox Console owner because they have the games I prefer and the Achievement system. And all of my friends are Xbox console owners. I don’t hate or despise PS4 or its owners. I just know what I prefer. So, who cares what the haters say.
- Answer Not sure of the dimensions, but it is the smallest Xbox ever created, which been a big marketing pitch by MS. Also, yes it can be stood up vertically, and actually the Xbox One X day one Scorpio Edition comes with a free vertical stand to do just that.
- Answer You can add TWO external hard drives in addition to the standard drive built in (there are three USB ports total, figure one will be for Kinect if you are interested in keeping that functionality). I believe the only limitation is that they support USB 3.0 transfer speeds and are larger than 256GB in size (shouldn't be an issue as no one sells them that small anymore). I have a Western Digital 4TB MyBook hooked up that works well and is 42% filled after 4+ years (have heard that 5TB drives work as well....) . I used to have a Seagate 2TB drive hooked up that flaked on me, so I avoid the Seagates now. Have had several Western Digital drives and have been very happy with their reliability. When the Seagate failed, it was a minimal headache as all of my game saves were restored from the cloud. It took time to reinstall everything but I had no lost data.
I would recommend:
- Answer No. You need Xbox Live Gold to play multiplayer in games though. If you are just looking for a single player experience you don't need to be online. It you have access to an internet connection though I'd recommend at least letting the game update before playing it in single player offline mode.
QuestionDoes the x have a certain amount of time before it starts to over heat and is it smaller then the original one and if so by how much
- Answer Ive had mine one for hours on end and it does get warm but never had it over heat although it is in a open shelf unit. Size wize it was way smaller than the original a little more than half its size
- Answer Yes. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/watch-bluray-dvd-movies If you scroll down near the bottom it lists 3D support.
- Answer A review of the specs, and hands on experience with demos in some cases.... Also, a lot of us early adopters have done research to ready our equipment stacks or viewing areas for the new console, and are anxious to educate interested buyers so that you don't hit the problems that might get you aggravated with the system, and encourage you to badmouth it later. If you believe the game press, Microsoft pooched the transition to the Xbox One by being too anti consumer with onerous requirements at launch (always having to be online for the games to work, anti physical media (especially with trade ins), and focusing on the entertainment hub at the expense of the games. This is an attempt to win back the folks who loved the Xbox 360 but left for Sony due these concerns and others (less compelling exclusives, etc.). All of us Xbox enthusiasts want this transition to go well, so we are out in force trying to educate the public ahead of launch day.
I would recommend:
QuestionI have tons of downloadable games from Xbox Live from my Xbox 360. Will I be able to download and play them from this system?
- Answer Xbox One X is backwards compatible with hundreds of Xbox 360 and original Xbox games. For a full list of which games are backwards compatible, go here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
QuestionConsidering an Xbox One X do I need to buy a new special headset or can the headset I've been using for my Xbox 360 work
- Answer Yes they will work depending on if it's wired or not Wired headsets can still plug into the bottom of the controllers however with the new turtle beach headset that just came out they're pretty good for a cheaper price you can get a really nice pair for 40 bucks I ended up getting rid of my older set for a $100 pair that is very nice and noise canceling.
QuestionDoes netflix and other streaming apps have 4k content on xbox one x. I understand you have to have the right subscription but previously i have found you can only get the 4k content on built in apps to smart tvs.
- Answer If you upgrade your Netflix plan to 4K, it will show a section on the Xbox One X Netflix App saying "Ultra HD 4K Shows"