Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs the Motorola MG 7310 approved by Comcast? (6 Answers)
- QuestionIs this compatible with TWC (6 Answers)
- QuestionCan Motorolla - Docsis 3.0 cable modem be used for comcast triple play (internet,TV, phone)? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this compatible with Cox cable? (3 Answers)
- Questionhow well does this modem perform if you are streaming movies and gaming online at the same time? (1 Answer)Answers
This is a single band N300 router/modem, so it's not the fastest thing out there. The newer dual band AC1900 and-up routers are considerably faster, but I don't know what's available in high speed gateways (router/modem in one box). I've streamed movies and played single-player games at the same time without any issues, but a seperate router and modem might be a better alternative if you're into intensive game play. You might want to consider a direct hookup for your gaming computer if you're playing some of the newer games that really hog the bandwidth--wifi will always slow down your speeds. How well you make out will depend on the bandwidth that your ISP provides, more than anything--you'll want the highest rated service that they can give you to do streaming and game play simultaneously.
- QuestionIs this a dual band router? (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill this enhance speed for my 100 Mbps time warner cable? And can I use wifi with this? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this compatible with WOW (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this Motorola modem/ router have built in security? (4 Answers)Answers
Yes it does, every format, and you can set your own device names and your own passwords for both the device and for the wifi. Just write them down somewhere so you don't forget them, otherwise you'll have to reset the gateway to the default values and go through your setup all over again. The default values are printed on the sticker on the bottom. Access is through DNS 192.168.0.1 with the default values "admin" and "motorola". Change both of these and the default values for the wifi, as well as the values for whatever guest networks you set up. It's pretty easy.
- QuestionDoes this modem have a connection for a wireless printer? (1 Answer)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions