Questions & Answers
QuestionI know this might sound a little bit without any knowledge which I guess that's true but I've only started hearing about these light bulbs a little bit lately I really have no clue what the purposes can you explain exactly what they are thank you
- Answer Well, if you have Alexa, you can turn your system on and off verbally... Alexa, turn of "my bedroom. If you just have Hue, you can turn lights off and on with your cell.
- Answer One hub will control up to about 60 bulbs. You can group them any way you want throughout your house.
- Answer Yes they can.
- Answer The four bulb starter kit I bought comes with the 2nd generation Hue Bridge
QuestionDo these bulb work with v220? I live in Chile, i would like to know if they will have any trouble to work there.
- Answer The Philips Hue White bulbs that comes with the starter kit works with 220V even though they are rated for 110V. But the Hue LUX Bulbs (multi-color ones) don't work with 220V.
I would recommend:
QuestionCan the lights be controlled remotely via the app from another state? My mother is a snow bird and I was cosidering getting this for her while she is gone for the winter.
- Answer Keep in mind that they can only be controlled remotely if the house has an active internet connection. If she suspends her internet during the winter when away then she would not have access to turn them on/off.
- Answer The hub isn't WiFi capable so it needs to be wired into to your network.
QuestionCan these lights be used in an enclosed fixture outside on a covered porch? They will get cold but not wet.
- Answer Yes they sure can
QuestionDoes this work outside? I want to install this outside under a porch overhang, so it won't be in direct contact with extreme weather, like rain or snow. But, living in northern NJ, we have very hot Summer's and very cold Winter's.
- Answer Lights work gear in very cold or hot weather never had a problem with mine
QuestionWill the white bridge work if one later tries to add colored lights or is a color bridge system required?
- Answer The bridge is the same, color or not.
- Answer This starter kit brings the second generation bridge (there's only two bridge generations, the first one is round and the second one is square, this one is the same one you'll get with a 3rd generation kit) The lightbulbs are also second generation, you can tell the difference because the writing on them is silver, 3rd generation lightbulbs bring it in a gold color.
QuestionCan these change colors
- Answer These A19 are a warm white that can be dimmed. No other color range. See the color version below.
I would recommend:
- Answer No. You can dim the lights with the Hue app, Alexa or other team similar devices.
QuestionIs it possible to turn on/off lights from a different location? I mean no using home wireless And how can I use voice command to activate/deactivate lights?
- Answer Yes you can turn your lights on and off through the Hue App or you can set them up to go on or off at certain times. I have the google home mini's and they work great to turn the lights on and off in whatever room i want to. Hope this helps