QuestionCan you use an HDMI cable that is not an HDMI ARC (because my TV doesn't have that option)? If yes, what will be the main concerns, if any?
- Answer Hi EricK! HDMI ARC is a simple, one cable connection from the soundbar to the TV, allowing the TV to send audio to the soundbar via HDMI. If the TV does not support HDMI ARC, you can utilize the HDMI pass-through on the soundbar, connect to the TV via digital optical audio, or utilize the built in Bluetooth audio for a wireless connection to Bluetooth compatible TVs. ^Tim
QuestionHi, I bought A650 sound bar from bestbuy and I’m trying to connect my existing rear Samsung speakers SWA 900s model. I’m nog able to connect then. Does this model work for A650 sound bar? Appreciate your help.
- Answer Hi Victor - The HW-A650 Soundbar is compatible with both the SWA-9000S and SWA-9100S Rear Kits. After connecting your rear speakers to the receiver, plug your soundbar into an electrical outlet and turn off the soundbar by pressing the power button on the main soundbar unit. Configure "ID SET" by pressing either the VOL button or the Up button on your soundbar's remote. Hold down the button for 5-6 seconds until the “ID SET” message appears on your soundbar’s display. Turn the soundbar back on using its remote or by pressing the Power button on the soundbar itself. Some soundbar models will automatically power on after completing the "ID SET" steps. The LINK LED indicator will stop blinking and glow a solid blue when a connection is established between the soundbar and the wireless receiver. If you are still unable to pair the rear speakers after trying these steps, please contact Samsung Support so we can better assist you in connecting your rear speakers to your soundbar. You can reach us at 1-800-SAMSUNG. ^Gina
QuestionThe description for the HW-A650/ZA on Best Buy says it supports Dolby Atmos, but I can't find any additional information elsewhere that it actually does. I'm assuming this is not accurate information but wanted to confirm support for Atmos.
- Answer Hi gauntlet0! The HW-A650 does not support Dolby Atmos. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will get this corrected. Dolby Atmos support begins with our 2021 HW-Q600A Soundbar and above. ^Tim
QuestionIs the subwoofer wireless?
- Answer Hi Golf! The subwoofer included with the HW-A650 includes a power cable that will need to be connected to a nearby outlet. Once powered, the subwoofer will automatically wirelessly connect to the soundbar. This gives you the ability to place the subwoofer in a variety of locations throughout the room. ^Tim
- Answer Most likely if any phone has Bluetooth my Samsung works fine with the soundbar when I'm not using TV sound
- Answer Heck84 - Here are the dimensions of the HW-A650 Soundbar (WxHxD): 8.1 x 13.9 x 11.9 inches. The Rated Output Power of the soundbar is 180W (30W x 6); the Rated Output Power of the subwoofer is 250W. ^Gina
QuestionDoes this HW-A650 sound bar have the CENTER SPEAKER/DIALOGUE dedicated feature? I was told that it DID but do not see listed under specifications??
- Answer Hi Deb24! The HW-A650 is a 3.1ch soundbar meaning it features a built in center channel for improved dialogue support. ^Tim
QuestionI have this soundbar, and I have a Samsung 65 QN85A Series Neo QLED Model:QN65QN85AAFXZA I want to use the HDMI ARC but I have 4 HDMI connections in use. Cable HDMI, FireTV HDMI, Nintendo HDMI, and XBOX HDMI. How do I connect all using ARC?
- Answer Hi Vince! You will not be able to utilize all of these devices via the HDMI ARC source. You can connect three of the devices to the TV, along with the soundbar into the ARC port, then the additional fourth device can be connected direct to the soundbar. To utilize the three devices connected to the TV, you will switch the soundbar to the ARC source. To utilize the device connected to the soundbar, you will change the TV source to HDMI 3, and the soundbar source to HDMI. For further assistance please contact Samsung Customer Support at: 1-800-SAMSUNG (ask for Soundbars), available 8AM -12AM EST. 7 days a week. Or text “SUPPORT” to 800-726-7864, LiveChat on Samsung.com, or Email: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support We look forward to hearing from you. ^Tim
- Answer No, you do not need your iPhone or Android phone to set up this soundbar. However, if you so choose to involve your phone in the setup that is an option.
- Answer Hi Jack70! You can find the full user manual and firmware updates for the HW-A650 at the following Samsung Support link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054643 ^Tim
QuestionHello, I have the A650 soundbar with bluetooth subwoofer. I want to connect another A650 soundbar with bluetooth subwoofer via optical splitter. Will there be any interference between the two bluetooth subwoofers via the bluetooth signal?
- Answer Hi OS! Having multiple devices in the same area using the same wireless frequency may cause issues with audio drops or connection problems. You will want to setup the soundbars one at a time to allow each subwoofer to properly connect to each individual soundbar. ^Tim
QuestionHi, I bought the A650 model and really enjoy it. I noticed there are two HDMI ports and 2 Optical ports on the sound bar. Would I be able to connect another A650 model sound bar to my current A650 soundbar through either the Optical or HDMI port?
- Answer Hi OS! Samsung soundbars are not designed to be connected to each other. The HW-A650 features 1 digital optical input for receiving audio from a TVs optical output, 1 HDMI input allowing you to connect an external video device for passthrough, and 1 HDMI output for connecting to the TV's available HDMI Input. ^Tim
- Answer It has both optical in and HDMI in ports I believe. As long as your TV has an optical port it is extremely easy to set up, just look for a very small red light or maybe just a slot on the back of your TV and that is where you will plug the optical cable in
QuestionWe bought this system because the specifications said, on this site, it has wifi connectivity. There is no wifi mode when we set this up. Am I missing something?
- Answer Hi ChelseyV, the HW-A650 does not feature WiFi, however it does have Bluetooth allowing you to wirelessly connect to compatible devices. WiFi support is available starting with our HW-Q700A soundbar and above. ^Tim
- Answer Hi Blessed! Many of the buttons on your remote feature multiple functions. The volume button, for example, can be pressed in to mute/unmute the soundbar, or rocked forward and backward (or up and down) to adjust the volume levels. ^Tim
- Answer Hi Finfan! The HW-A650 will work great with the 75" AU8000 from Samsung. You can connect the soundbar to the TV using the included optical cable, HDMI ARC, or using Bluetooth wireless audio technology. We suggest using HDMI ARC for the best user experience. You will even be able to control the volume of your soundbar using the TV remote, eliminating the need for multiple remotes. ^Tim
- Answer Hi! Samsung soundbars are only compatible with one subwoofer at a time. The HW-A650 will not connect to any additional subwoofers other than the one included. ^Tim