Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $899.99
The previous price was $999.99
- Answer Hi there, The width of the TV stand is approximately 44 3/8" (1126 mm). The depth is approximately 13 ½” (340mm) -Sam
- Answer Yes there is my friend.
QuestionSo local dimming is the best way to go which is on the 900f series compared to the 800h series even though F series is from 2018. Why not put this on H series?
- Answer This is also an IPS panel (one of the few that Sony manufactures)..not necessarily a bad thing as it has a wide viewing angle, and as long as you watch with some lights on the lower contrast won't be very noticeable. If watching in total darkness, the blacks will appear a bit grayish.
QuestionWhat is the sound really like? I see it is HDR but it came up under my search for dolby atmos. Should I consider the sound bar to go with or will I get that booming sound from the tv alone?
- Answer I own the SONY XBR65X800H 4K HDR ULTRA HD TV and I can tell you that the sound from the TV amp/speakers alone do not do justice to the sound signals (5.1, 7.2, and Dolby Atmos) offered by HD programming, most DVDs, and Blu-ray. A sound-bar setup would be an improvement over the TV speakers, but to hear high-quality sound you will need to add a home entertainment receiver and speakers. An excellent receiver match for this TV is the SONY STR DH790. Watch for sales, it is very reasonably priced and it features up to 7.2 sound and Dolby Atmos. Naturally, the quality of your sound also will depend on the quality of your speakers. The "booming" sound you desire will be provided by your subwoofer. Another reason these two SONY units are an excellent match is because you need only a single remote. The TV power-on function automatically switches on the receiver, then switches the sound signal from the TV speakers to the receiver. Powering-off the TV also switches off the receiver. I have my SONY STR DH790 receiver and speakers set up for 7.2 Atmos, even though, of course, most programming at this time is 5.1. I am very pleased with this TV/receiver/speakers combination. The sound (and surround effect) is spectacular -- even when I listen to 5.1 or 7.2 through my headphones connected to the receiver!
QuestionDoes this tv support dual voltage? I will be moving to the UK next year and therefore, I would like to know if this tv would work in the UK which has 220v power supply. Please let me know
- Answer Hi RB, Thank you for interest in XBR65X800H. Yes, the TV supports dual voltage. The X800H TV model purchased in the US has a power requirement of 120 V AC, 60 Hz and 110-240 V AC 50/60Hz for other countries. I hope this helps. – Kris
- Answer Hi squirt, thank you for your question. By looking at the back of the TV, you can see the Stereo mini-jack at the lower right-hand part of the TV. Please check the link below for the connection diagram of the TV. (Refer to step no.9): https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/5013/7018b11cb3ff947922b8d8f961edfbf2/50131531M.pdf ~Earl
- Answer Under features it says: Seamless content sharing of Apple AirPlay 2 Helps you effortlessly cast anything from Apple iPhone or laptop to your TV. You can even sync music with other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers anywhere in your home." I don't believe there is an Apple TV app available, but you could use AirPlay with a mobile phone or tablet to mirror.
- Answer Hi, jim, The XBR65X900F is a 2018 model, while the XBR65X800H is the latest model (2020). The backlight dimming type of the X900F is Local Dimming, while the X800H is Frame Dimming. You can further compare them by visiting the links below: https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x900f-series/specifications https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x800h-series/specifications Vincent
QuestionDo any of the audio outputs still work even if the speakers on the TV are muted or set to zero volume?
- Answer The digital audio port allows the TV sound to be off and I get the sound on my Bose system.
- Answer Hi Gilby, we appreciate your interest in our products. The X800h has Dolby Vision and Object-based HDR remaster contrast enhancement which the X750H does not have. We highly recommend visiting the link below as you conveniently compare two SONY TV models side-by-side:
- Answer Most sound bars will fit. I use a vizio 5.1 with wireless subwoofer.
- Answer Hello! The below are the approximate dimensions of the Bravia XBR-65X800H: Without the TV stand: 57 5/8" x 33 1/8" x 2 7/8" (1462 x 841 x 71 mm) With the TV stand: 57 5/8" x 35 3/8" x 13 1/2" (1462 x 905 x 340 mm) -Vincent