Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $179.99
Questioncan I use these for watching television and can the sound only be heard through the headphones and not in the room
- Answer We have a large screen Vizio tv and want to know which headphones would work so the tv would only be heard through headphones?
- Answer No, these work using bluetooth for wireless connectivity, and also come with 3.5mm cable for wired connectivity. Don't know if there are headphones out there that use wifi for connectivity...but maybe they do exist.
- Answer They produce a static(white noise) sound ( not loud) when not playing music with ANC on. It isn't as nice when the music is playing. I would suggest quiet music over just the noise cancelling.
QuestionAre they 35 mm or optically ?
- Answer They come with a 3.5mm cable to connect to devices that do not have Bluetooth. You can also buy an adapter to connect 3.5mm to Toslink digital optical. I haven't used one those but I do use a Toslink-HDMI adapter that I bought at Best Buy to connect my TV that doesn't have any wireless built in to my Sony wireless speakers.
- Answer Hi JP, Thank you for inquiring about the WH-CH710N. These headphones are designed for music playback. We cannot guarantee that it will work flawlessly with PS4. We recommend using headphones that are designed for game consoles such as our Playstation headsets. Regards, David
- Answer Hi FitForAWoman, Thank you for your inquiry. Definitely, yes! These headphones can be adjusted and actually support a super-soft, pressure-relieving earpads in foamed urethane evenly distribute pressure and increase ear/pad contact for a stable fit. Also, the WH-CH710N headphones offer noise canceling via Dual Noise Sensor Technology, as well as Ambient Sound Mode, so you have control of what you hear. The WH-CH710Ns have a feature called Artificial Intelligence Noise Cancellation (AINC) which constantly analyzes the sounds in your environment and automatically selects the most effective noise canceling filter for your surroundings. The WH-CH710Ns use a powerful Li-ion battery which provides up to 35 hours of playback on a single charge, or 60 minutes of playback from a 10 minute charge using the Quick Charge feature. They are designed to provide a powerful and distraction free listening experience for the entire day. We are looking forward to your purchase and thank you for considering Sony! - Kris
- Answer The Bluetooth function works fine for listening to you personal, offline music, even if your phone is in airplane mode. You can also use the on-board Wi-Fi on some planes to listen to streaming content. If you are asking if they will work with the plane's audio, the answer is yes, but only as a wired headset. You will need a standard stereo patch cord (male to male mini-plug). Depending on how the aircraft is equipped, you may also nee a special adapter to use both stereo channels.
QuestionSony - WH-CH710N Wireless Noise-Cancelling Over-the-Ear Headphones - Black QUESTION: WILL THIS HEADSET OR ANY OR SONY HEADSETS AMPLIFY THE INPUT VOLUME TO THE HEAD SET? OR, DOES THE HEADSET ONLY CONTROL WHAT LEVEL THE INPUT VOLUME IS TO A LOWER VOLUME?
- Answer They are plenty loud depending on input but I don’t think they amplify greatly or at all.
QuestionI currently have these but I can't use the mic when using it on a pc game. is there a reason behind this?
- Answer Hi Jack, Thank you for purchasing the WHCH710N. We regret to hear that the mic is not working on your PC game. We'd like to help isolate the issue. Depending on the video calling app, the voice call may not be available when connected using the A2DP profile, so make sure to select the HFP/HSP profile when you want to use the headphones for video calls. Please open this link below as reference on how to use Bluetooth headphones for video calls on a computer: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-ch710n/articles/00250089 Regards, Kristina
- Answer Hi Wayne, Thank you for your inquiry. The headphones have two ways of connecting, first is by using A2DP Bluetooth profile which will let you connect to your device wirelessly or by using the Headphone Cable jack. If the TV supports A2DP Bluetooth profile. The headphones can be connected wirelessly using Bluetooth connection and if not, you may connect it wired using the supplied headphone cable jack to the TV. I hope this helps! - Kris
- Answer Hi Hearly, For sure! The WH-CH710N Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones offer powerful, distraction-free listening wherever you are. With Noise Canceling via Dual Noise Sensor Technology, as well as Ambient Sound mode, you can take control of what you hear—and with up to 35 hours of wireless playback, you can listen to music all day long. Happy to help, David
QuestionI have a Sony TV model KDL-40W650D and I am looking for a headset that I can use to watch tv...will these work?
- Answer Hi Match, Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, you can use the WHCH710N to your KDL40W650D TV by connecting the headphones using its supplied headphones cable on the Headphone/Audio Out of the TV. If you are referring on connecting this headphones to the TV using Bluetooth connection, the answer is no. The TV does not support A2DP Bluetooth profile which is needed for this type of connection. Hope this information helps. - Kris
QuestionDo these fold up for travel?
- Answer Hi, Thank you for your inquiry. Definitely, yes! The WHCH710N is really great for travel. These headphones have a feature called Artificial Intelligence Noise Cancellation (AINC) which constantly analyzes the sounds in your environment and automatically selects the most effective noise canceling filter for your surroundings. The WH-CH710Ns use a powerful Li-ion battery which provides up to 35 hours of playback on a single charge, or 60 minutes of playback from a 10 minute charge using the Quick Charge feature. They are designed to provide a powerful and distraction free listening experience for the entire day. The WHCH710N can be connected wirelessly to compatible devices that supports A2DP Bluetooth profile and wired using the supplied headphone cable where it is restricted to use Bluetooth devices such as on an airplane. Hope this information helps! - Kris
- Answer Crystal clear
- Answer Hi John, Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, these headphones don't have a wearing detection function. You may want to consider the Sony WH1000XM4. Regards, -Ralph
- Answer Hi Phillip, Thank you for your inquiry with the WHCH710N. These headphones can be both connected wireless or wired. For Bluetooth connection, please make sure connected device supports A2DP Bluetooth profile in order to connect these headphones wirelessly. If not, you may connect these headphones wired using the supplied cable of the unit. These headphones cannot be connected wirelessly to XBR-55X700D because TV is not an A2DP compatible device. However, you can use RF wireless headphones with its own transmitter connected to the AUDIO OUT port on your TV. For details, please open this link: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-ch710n/articles/00159290 Should you need further assistance, please email the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full Name: Best Buy Username: Telephone Number: Model Number: Issue: Regards, Kris