Questions & Answers
- Answer There will be a variant (Model UM433IQ) which will feature a Ryzen 7 4700U CPU and 16Gb of 4266MHz LPDDR4X memory. Not sure when it will be released though.
- Answer This is an IPS Panel, 300 nit brightness, 100% sRGB. The memory is not expandable as it is soldered onto the motherboard.
- Answer The USB-C port cannot be use for charging.
- Answer Here's a section of my review concerning Lr and Ps. As for processing speed the Zenbook and Nitro 5 (16 gb, Core i5 8300H, GTX 1050 /4gb) took apx the same time to render photos in Adobe Lightroom Classic (9.3 ARC 12.3). I took 30 RAW photos with my EOS R (30mp) and rendered them to resized JPGs (4000X2667 72dpi) Both computers took 16 seconds to do 10 photos and 46 seconds to do 30). That’s just for an example for comparison. Results can vary depending on how much editing you do per photo. Responsiveness for making adjustments and panning when zoomed in, was also the same. Fast and responsive.
- Answer ASUS warranty will still be honored as long as no physical or customer induced damage occurs during the upgade process.
QuestionHello all, Can any of you who have already upgraded the M.2 SSD tell me whether it's a single-notched (M-keyed) NVMe drive, or a SATA dual-notched (B+M keyed) drive? I've read conflicting things and just want to be sure. Thanks!
- Answer Single notched, and it needs to be single sided as well.
Questiondoes anyone know why and how to fix the keyboard, the keyboard is not responding after coming out of sleep mode it seems, does start working again after a restart of the zenbook. does not act up everytime.
- Answer I had the same problem. However I reloaded the 301 BIOS that was already on the system and reinstalled the AMD Chipset software, restarted, and I have not seen this issue come back for at least the 20 times I forced the computer to go to sleep. I'm pretty sure all the Windows 10 updates messed with something but try updating BIOS and AMD Chipset.
- Answer Just as easy as any other Windows computer
- Answer Full version
QuestionMy current Asus Vivobook S400C has a deteriorated audio system so I'm looking for a replacement for Zoom meetings. What is the quality of the camera and built-in microphone for this Zenbook? Are they reliable for long meetings? Thanks.
- Answer Don't forget that you are dealing with a budget laptop and besides that, sound and speaker quality on laptops in general aren't that great. Neither is the camera. With that said, yes, you can use the laptop for zoom meetings. Make sure you have good lighting for the camera. Sound quality is good as well and you wont have troubles hearing anything. You can also hook up external speakers to enhance the quality. I would use the computer for zoom meetings.
- Answer No, just 1 SSD slot but you can upgrade it yourself for more storage