Questions & Answers
- Answer You would not need to in my opinion, but it depends what you want the listening experience to be. The Bose 5 has adjustable bass, which is decent but not movie theater booming by any means. We use ours for watching tv and movies without a subwoofer.
QuestionDo I need to buy any additonal cable, or wire connection? is this complicate to hook up to my TV? can you provide link of video of how to?
- Answer no, inside the box comes with all necessary cables, Coaxial, RCA and Also an optical cable, they are a bit short about 3 feets, but will get the job done to hook it up to any tv. Bluetooth is built in for wireless transmission. it s easy to setup, one end goes to the tv, the other to the soundbar, connect the power cord and you done.
QuestionCan this soundbar be used to increase level of voices and decrease level of music background?
- Answer Hello George, thank you for asking. On the Solo 5 you may adjust the level of the bass and you may enable the "dialog mode" to hear the voices more clearly.
- Answer Most likely yes. Using IR codes you should be able to setup your remotes to control the soundbar's volume. For example, I setup my directv and apple tv remotes to control the volume.
Questionmy tv hook up with cable box, do I hook to cable box or directly to tv? can u provide link how to?
- Answer Hello there. Great questions. Usually the Cable box would connect to the TV first and then the Solo would connect to the TV's audio output. We have a video available here: http://bit.ly/21DoZGp that shows the setup. If you ever have any questions, we are here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-380-4831.
QuestionIs it ok to use the tv speakers and the sound bar at the same time? It seems to sound better than just using the sound bar.
- Answer For the best sound quality from this unit, it is ideal to have the internal tv speakers turned off.
- Answer Yes. There is a bluetooth button on the Bose remote that when pressed allows you to pair your iPhone to the soundbar.
- Answer This system is designed to be a simple one speaker solution for customers who are not interested in having a separate bass speaker. Here is a link to a similar soundbar system that includes a bass module: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-cinemate-15-home-theater-speaker-system-black/8082019.p?id=1219311892549&skuId=8082019
- Answer Here are the dimensions: 3½" H x 21½" W x 3" D.
- Answer Hi Ed, thanks for your interest in the Solo 5 TV Soundbar. If you are referring to the Bose Solo Soundbar sold at Club Stores like Costco, this is the same speaker as the Solo 5. The difference is that the Solo 5 comes with a universal remote and the Solo Soundbar comes with a standard 8-button remote. Hope this helps! Jesse - Bose Support
- Answer This sound bar is not designed to give you theater sound, it enhances the sound, and voice clarity of what you are watching, unlike TV speakers which have no depth to their sound. If you want theater like surround this is not for you.
QuestionMy TV sits on a table. It appears that if I place the sound bar in front of the TV I will lose the ability to turn my TV on and off. Will that happen?
- Answer if the infrared 'control-center-lens' on the TV is blocked by the sound bar, then, yes, the TV will not respond to the controller. if the sound bar can be placed on the table in front of the TV such that this lens is not covered, you should be "okay", even if this-position skews the sound bar to the left or the right of 'center'. can the sound bar be placed on the floor/carpet, beneath the "table"? that is how i 'organized' mine. best of good-luck! CHEERS !!
- Answer Yes, but it's tricky. After some searching I discovered how to do it. Read the "solved" post in green before you try to assign the Bose IR codes to the Directv remote. https://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Bose-Solo-DTV-remote-help-please/td-p/4635709
- Answer Hello there. Great question. Bose does not publish specifications such as output wattage for our products as we do not believe they help with understanding how loud a product is. The Solo 5 will put out plenty of volume with rich, deep bass and clear highs. We recommend trying it for yourself at home to see exactly how it will sound. The maximum power consumption of the system is 30 watts.
QuestionCan I mount above the tv without affecting the sound? Most are mounted under, but this won't work for me.
- Answer I cant imagine why you couldn't mount it above the TV as long as nothing is in front blocking it.
QuestionBose Solo 5 to LG tv?.. The only cable included is optical. No optical port on tv.....what do I need to connect soundbar to tv. No HDMI port on soundbar. Thanks
- Answer Most LG TV's have optical audio-out ports for connections to sound systems. If your LG TV has a coaxial audio-out port, obtain a digital coaxial audio cable (code color yellow) to connect the TV's audio-out port to the speaker's coaxial connector. What model number is your LG TV? If your TV has neither an optical or coaxial audio-out port, you may have to use the analog audio-out connector on your TV to connect to the AUX soundbar connector. This usually requires a 3.5 mm to RCA stereo cable, available from Best Buy.
QuestionIf connected with an optical cable, shouldn't all audio going to the tv (blu ray, cable box, game system) automatically go through the bar and be controlled with the TV remote, without need for the bose remote?
- Answer No you will have to use the Bose remote to operate your TV and other devices for it to work properly.
QuestionI would like to hook up the sound bar to multiple gaming consoles and my TV. Can I do that with just the sound bar or is there an accessory that allows me to hook up multiple devices?
- Answer To accomplish this, you would simply connect all your devices to the television and then the audio output from the television would connect directly to the Solo system. That way, whichever device you see on the television, the sound will come through the Bose.
QuestionCan I connect my Bose Headphones via Bluetooth to the sound speaker and listen to what is going on via my headphones? (If so, is there a small delay between sound/picture?)
- Answer Hi, that's a great question. You would not be able to connect a headset via Bluetooth to the Solo 5. Have a great day!